seventeen

Harry was sitting across from his friend in the great hall. He was now very worried, as she was repeatedly stabbing her chicken with her knife. "Hermione....what ever did the chicken do to you?" asked Ron, who was next to harry. Harry gave him a glare.

"It lied to me, pretended to like me, cheated on me, had no respect for me!-" She continued on ranting while still stabbing her dinner.

"Hermione Draco didn't do anything wrong, other than accept Ron's duel thing. But you know he was just trying to do what he thought was best....even if it was Stupid."

"Oh really ginny....he didn't do anything wrong." Hermione glared over at the slytherian table. "Then why is he over there with Pansy Parkinson? He hasn't talked to me since the game, and it seems he just went back to his slytherian she devil." With that Hermione stood up, knowing she couldn't hold back the tears forming in her eyes much longer. "I'm going to the library." She said before storming out of the great hall.

"We have to do something!" Ginny said looking over at Draco, who indeed was letting Pansy be all over him. But she noticed him watch as Hermione walked out, then look back at his food. "He clearly still loves her...."

"I dunno Ginny, I wouldn't put it past Malfoy to have been playing her this entire time." Said Harry.

"No....no....they were fine...and then Hermione got a little mad.....it' just their first fight...and besides it probably is one of Pansy's little schemes."

"Ginny are you actually defending him? He hurt our best friend just like we expected. Why can't you just except it?" Ron said to his sister.

"Guys are so stupid.....you don't even see that they still like each other. This is all Pansy's doing and I'm going to put a stop to it."

---------

Hermione finally reached the library. She went down one of the isles but collapsed. She started to cry and leaned against the bookcase sinking down to the floor. And then from nowhere she heard that voice. That icy voice, like the one she heard when she was here at the beginning of the break, not friendly, not the voice she could have never loved.

"well would you look at that....it's Granger. Crying over me? I can't believe you actually fell for it. You actually thought I was in love with you? a mud blood!" He scoffed.

"Shut up Malfoy!"

"Why something wrong? Did you actually love me?"

She stood up and stared him in the eyes. She wanted to curse at him, hex him, tell him how bloody worthless he was, but she didn't she just looked him in the eyes, centimeters away from his face. "I did. I actually did love you...... But your just some low death eater that can never love, who thinks it's fun to play with others feelings. I gave you a chance. I saw past your exterior, I saw you as more than what everyone else saw. But I guess I was wrong. You don't love me. And now I will never, ever love you again. And I hope it was fun, making a fool of the mud blood. Because when your done with me, I will eventually get over you, I will eventually find someone who actually loves me. But you....you will just be a deatheater....with no friends....no girlfriends...and everyone bows at your feet. Its because they are afraid of you. You have this built up reputation....but really, your just a loser with no friends, who is so shallow that they enjoy making others suffer. But really you are the one suffering. No one could love you. I was your last chance. And i feel sorry for you...I really do. Goodbye Draco." She looked at him one last time before leaving him standing there.

He felt stupid. He felt terrible. And what was worse is Hermione was hurt. He hurt Hermione. He wished he hadn't said any of it. He wished to say he loved her. But he couldn't he had to protect her.