First Date

I spent most of the week with school work and hanging out with the guys, occasionally joining us with Elena and Bella. We were at Ryan's house or mine. Mom started making extra food when everyone dropped by my home. Ryan gave her some money to help with the food bill, as did the other guys.

Dad even relaxed and put 'Betty' away until Ryan and I informed him we were dating. Then 'Betty' came right back out. I can't blame him. Why would a father be happy with their baby girl dating someone like Ryan, especially with all the teen hormones raging?

Thursday proved to be an eventful day. The first part of the morning was annoying. Then, during my fourth period, Frazier ran into the classroom, out of breath. Looking at King idiot himself, I couldn't understand why the hell he was running a marathon.

He couldn't even speak before grabbing my hand and yanking me out of my chair. I almost knocked things over on my desk as he pulled me after him. I was trying to keep up with his pace when we got to a classroom. There was so much commotion, and kids were blocking my view. I couldn't see past the wall of them.

Frazier yanked two guys out of the way while winking at two girls. He is such a flirt.

We made our way into the commotion view, and I could see Jordan holding two guys back. In the center of the room, I could see two males duking it out. One had their back to me, and the other looked like he had the worst beating. Then I heard the crack and the guy facing me went down.

The other guy leaned over, administering blow after blow. I walked towards them, confused, until Jordan saw me and yelled, "Alex!"

I saw the guy's fist stop midway before he administered another blow and turned to look at me. Ryan had a fire in his eyes, brimming with anger.

I stood there, and he went back to throwing punches. Finally, I yelled, "Stop, Ryan! You'll kill him!"

With those words, he stopped and grabbed him by the collar. "Stay away from my sister, you piece of shit," he growled.

He dropped him back down with force, and I grabbed his hand, which he forcibly yanked from me. His look said it all; he was seething. I glared at him crossing my arms, tapping my foot.

Jordan let the other two guys go, and they ran to help the guy crumpled up on the floor. He walked over to us, and Ryan turned on his heel and stormed out. Jordan followed suit, as did Frazier. They left me there, dumbfounded.

I went back to class and didn't see anyone for the rest of the day. They were all noticeably absent from class.

I headed to my locker, and they were all standing there. I casually walked over, and from behind, I put my arms around Ryan's waist. He didn't look at me and promptly pushed them off of him.

Filled with confusion, I asked, "Ryan?"

He turned and quietly said, "Don't," then slammed his locker door, leaving as the others followed suit. Yes, ladies and gentlemen, meet my most frustrating, mixed-signal boyfriend ever, Ryan Jones.

Like that, I became the biggest pariah.

I grabbed my stuff and closed my locker, walking out of school, feeling more depressed than ever. The walk home, I kept looking to see when his car would pull up. It never did.

I tried to call him at home, but I got sent to voicemail. I even sent two texts and left on seen with no response, ouch.

I even called the others, but the same thing. I finally gave up.

The next morning a substantial body didn't wake me crashing on top of me, but my annoying alarm clock did. I dressed, grabbed some breakfast, and headed off to school. I turned the corner and saw them at the lockers, and my face lit up until they closed their locker doors and abruptly left.