2

This chapter was edited by Imperial_Nightmare ❤️

Aurora POV

When I woke up I felt a presence on the right side of my bed, so I turned around and found a sleeping Erica on my bed.

That's when I remembered last night's events and I wished that it wasn't true. I still had that glimmer of hope that mom would tell us that it was a horrible prank. But I had to face the reality that mom wouldn't do such a horrible thing. I felt useless because I couldn't do anything to prevent what would happen in a few hours. I didn't have the money to pay Mr Ray or the power to make everything go back to normal.

Realising that sitting in bed and sulking wasn't going to help me,I got out of bed and went to the bathroom to freshen up. After my shower I got dressed in black pants and a white T-shirt and tied my hair up.

I went into the kitchen and made breakfast fast for myself,Erica and Mom but I ate alone since they were still asleep. After eating,I called Mr Ronald and informed him that Erica and I wouldn't be able to make it to work since we were dealing with a family problem. As I ended the conversation with a very understand Mr Ronald,Mom and Erica walked into the kitchen.

"Good morning girls." Mom said before giving Erica and I hugs. As they ate their breakfast, I realised that there was only an hour left before Mr Ray would show up and possibly ruin our lives.

"Aurora, Erica, are you sure you want to stay? Please girls just go,I will handle this okay? Even if something were to happen to me I will know that you are alright. Please just do it for me,you are young and still have your lives to live."
Mom begged.

"Mom,I won't allow you to be alone when you need us. Maybe he'll be considerate and give us me time." I assured her.

"Mom,I will also be here because when I needed you, you two were there to help me and you gave me a place to stay. And I can't imagine what my life would be like if I was on the streets. So I will never leave you two at a time like this." Erica said and I could see tears in her and Mom's eyes.

"I'm so grateful that I have such wonderful daughters like you. I just wish things were better." Mom said and when I looked at the clock,there were only fifteen minutes left until Mr Ray showed up.

"Oh and Aurora sweetheart, please don't be sassy with Mr Ray. Please respect him." I mumbled a small okay. I knew I was sassy because I just couldn't tolerate people but I would keep my mouth shut since he could kill me at any given moment.

Suddenly, my phone range and it was Mr Ronald. I answered the call as I walked into my bedroom.
"Hello Mr Ronald. What's wrong?" I asked as I sat on the bed.

"Hi Aurora, are you sure you can't come in today? It's just that there are a lot of people here and it's really not a good day to be short staffed." I could hear the stress in his voice but I couldn't help him,not today.

"I'm sorry Sir,but we have something important to do." I answered and felt bad when I heard him let out a defeated sigh. "But I have a friend who can gladly help."

"Oh,thank goodness." Mr Ronald said as I heard a loud sound from the lounge. I quickly said goodbye and texted my friend about the job and she said yes. I pocketed my phone as I rushed out of my room.