Little Lamplight(important!)

If you want to skip to meeting back up with Mac, go to chapter three, page seven(I think.).
------------------------------------
(5 a.m.)
16. 16 years old, finally. I'd made it, and I could leave and be off on my own, which one one hand made me happy, I mean, freedom at last! But on the other hand? I was scared shitless. I had the overwhelming privilege of facing the Capital Wasteland, with me, myself, and I.
I wish... I really wish I could've left with MacCready. I mean, I was 15 at the time, so it wouldn't have been that big of a deal, and it's not like anyone in town cared. But no no no, mister 'it's too dangerous for you to be out there' made me stay here. I wished I would've argued with him, pointed out that it's going to be much more unsafe to travel on my own when I had to leave, but I was so upset all I did was storm off to my bedroom.
He did come to say goodbye, and I still remember it like it was yesterday. The warm hug he gave me, the feeling of his soft lips against my cheek as he murmured a quiet, 'stay safe, (y/n).' in my ear.
I sighed quietly, putting the last of the food I've been given into my bag, and shoving my blanket, extra ammo, and a 10 millimeter in as well. I straightened my clothes a little, I was wearing a flannel shirt, jeans, and black combat boots that hadn't been washed in quite awhile.
I put my backpack on, and slung my sniper rifle over my shoulder, and take one last look at my dim, dirty, room.
As I was about to walk out, I noticed a few slips of what appeared to be paper sticking from the corner of a drawer in my desk. Were these mine? I opened the drawer carefully, smiling and giggling softly as I saw what it was, a few old pictures of me and Robert together that we'd sneakily taken with a camera that was supposed to be used for taking pictures of the Wasteland. Attached to the dusty pictures was a note, one he'd slipped in the drawer before he left me. 'Best of luck to you, (y/n), I'll never forget our friendship. I'll think of you, and all the adventures we had together, nights we spent staying up and laughing and bothering everyone else, when I feel lonely. I love you, maybe one day we'll meet again, and we'll be able to be together. You're the best friend I could've ever asked for sunshine, see you around.' I bit my lip as I read over it once more, smiling as I  read the word sunshine. He'd called me that all the time, and it never got old, always making me blush brightly to which he would just ruffle my hair and laugh.
I sigh softly, not even realizing I'd started to cry until I feel a tear spill onto my (pale/tan/rosy/freckled) cheek. I giggle a bit, wiping it away and tucking everything into my pocket, why has this made me so damn emotional? Oh well, I had places to be, and I didn't want to upset the new mayor by leaving late. Either way, I really do need to leave now because I have to find a safe place to spend the night before dark fell.
(6:58 a.m.)
I tugged the straps on my backpack nervously, standing at the entrance of the cave for the last time. Most of the town was gathered, there to see me off after we had said our goodbyes. Right as I was about to turn and go, my little brother(if you don't have one, then it's a boy that's close enough to you to be considered your brother ^-^) ran up to me, hugging me tightly. "Bye (y/n)...", he said sadly, looking up at me, tears glistening in his soft blue eyes. "I-I'll make sure and find you, okay. Diamond city, right? In the Commonwealth? It's just south, right?" He asked nervously. He was only 13, so he was scared of me leaving him and being by himself, then having to fend for himself as he fought his way to find you. "It's northeast Brayden.. remember the letter, okay? It has all the instructions you need to find me." I say softly, hugging him back tightly. He finally releases me, smiling up and nodding. "Okay, I'll see you soon big sis, be looking for me!" He said hopefully. He'd only be seeing me in less than a year, as the new mayor decided to change the rules to people leaving at 14 instead of 16. Asshole. The only reason me and a few others got to stay, was because people protested and said that they were past 14 when he made that bullshit up.
"Goodbye..." I say softly, looking up at everyone and smiling a little. I wave as everyone waves and says their last farewells, wishing me safety and good luck. I don't even hesitate as I turn, stepping out into the soft light of morning.
Only 437 miles to go, right?

-------------------------------------
Yay! First chapter done! I hope you guys like it so far, let me know your thoughts by commenting or DMing me please!
And yes, I did look up how many miles it was, haha. It takes about 147 hours to get there, so not too bad, right? If only there were busses in this post apocalyptic world!
Anyways, as you can tell, my chapters are a little short right now. They'll probably be getting longer as the story progresses too. I'll also try and update every day or two, depending on how much time or motivation I have.
Ciao!