Chapter 7- Moonlit Kisses

Hey guys! I'm sorry for not updating for a long time but schools been crazy hectic. Also, what I do is write the next chapter before I publish the previous chapter, so next chapter is really long. Okay, onto the fic.

Tw- abuse mentions, almost smut

The day passes uneventfully until I get a text a text from Maria.

Maria❤️💖🏳️‍🌈- Meet me at Starbucks in 30 😘

SmolBlueBean💙- what one?

Maria❤️💖🏳️‍🌈- By 7th

SmolBlueBean💙- k ❤️

I run home from my classes to get ready. Maria had morning classes, and still isn't home. I put my hair in a French braid, and change into a casual blue sun dress. I apply natural makeup, and take a deep breath. I'm really excited for this date.

I walk to the Starbucks, where Maria is sitting at a booth, nervously looking at her phone. As I'm walking over I notice the small dark mark on her collar bone, mostly covered up by her dress. I smirk knowing I made that.

When she sees me, her face breaks into a smile.

"Hey!" She places a kiss on my cheek. "I haven't ordered yet. I didn't want to mess up your coffee order."

We walk to the line and order. I get a muffin and a pumpkin spice latte. She gets a mocha and a piece of lemon cake.

We sit down in the booth together. She asks me about my classes, if I have homework, and we talk happily.

God, I feel like I'm falling in love with this girl.

My eyes drift down to the mark I left on her collar bone, and I laugh slightly.

"I see I left a mark," I murmur, pointing at it. She turns bright red.

"I couldn't put makeup on it or else it would get on my dress. I thought this dress covered it though," she says playfully smiling. "But I guess I'll have to return the favor later. . ." She smiles, and now it's my turn to turn red.

We talk for a little bit, and the happiness that shines through her eyes makes my stomach flip.

After we finish, Maria and I take a walk in Central Park. She holds my hand, and we wander into a more secluded area. There are lots of rocks that tower high above, and cast shadows down on us.

We walk around and I notice her getting nervous.

"Am I good enough for you?" she blurts out, stuttering.

"What?" I ask.

"Am I good enough to be your girlfriend?"

I think of my favorite song, Only Us, in Dear Evan Hansen. It's perfect for this situation.

"I don't need you to sell me on reasons to want you," I begin to sing.

"I don't need you to search for the proof that I should

You don't have to convince me

You don't have to be scared you're not enough

'Cause what we've got going is good

I don't need more reminders of all that's been broken

I don't need you to fix what I'd rather forget