Chapter 12- Drunk Dinosaurs and Study Dates

SUP NERDS! I'm back. . . I'm actually updating. My schedule (acts like I have an updating schedule rn) will be different because I won't have my iPad over the summer. I also have finals coming up, but the good news is my volleyball team placed fourth overall, so thats good. The bad news is, I missed meeting Mark  Zuckerberg by TEN MINUTES! I also went to NY and that was fun. I got to see the Richard Rogers theater and that was awesome. 

Okay, enough if my rambling, time for the chapter. 

At the end of the night, Maria is incredibly drunk. We leave at around three in the morning, most of our friend group very drunk as well. I hold her slightly upright as we make our way back to the apartment. Peggy decides to crash with Theodoisa for the night. 

"Do you ever think about how the first president, Chris Jackson never got to live to know about dinosaurs, and like, ya get really sad," Maria mumbles drunkenly. 

"No, that thought has not crossed my mind," I tell her, guiding her into the elevator. 

"Mmm. . . Well, it should. Did I mention that you look really pretty tonight? Like absolutely stunning. I mean, how the hell did I get so lucky as to be your girlfriend?" 

My face turns bright red, and I thank her. We walk into my bedroom, and she says, "You know, my underwear look pretty hot today. The only place they would look better is on the floor of your room as you—" 

"Maria!" I cut her off with a squeal turning an even brighter red. "You are so drunk right now. I'll go get you some water." 

"No," she whines, "I want you stay here, and we can just talk." She smirks, and walks over to me, wrapping her arms around my neck. 

"Mmmhmmm. Sure, Maria. We're totally just going to talk. I'm not that naive. You're also drunk sweetheart. It's not right when you're drunk. I'm going to go get some water for you." 

I walk out into the hallway and catch my breath slightly. Maria is certianly something when she's drunk. 

I grab a bottle of water from the fridge and some aspirin. I open the door to my room, where Maria is laying shirtless on my bed. 

"Hey doll!" she smiles. 

"Maria!" I squeal, turning around. 

"I want you to be saying my name under different circumstances," she says walking up to me. 

"Nope! Nope! Nope! I am a smol cinnamon roll, and you are drunk. . . Drink this water and put a shirt on. Then we can go to bed— and just sleep!" 

I step out of the room for a minute, trying to dull the flames that are dancing on my cheeks. 

"Drink the water!" I call out to her. 

"Fine," I can here the pout in her voice. 

A few minutes later Maria opens the door with a shirt on and empty water bottle in hand. 

"Let's go sleep," I say, kissing her forehead. 

She gives me a hug, and says, "I love you so much." 

* * *

Maria's POV 

I wake up with a pounding headache, and I attempt to bury my face into whatever warm stuffed animal is in the bed with me. 

I let out a contented sigh and pull the thing closer to me when I get the sudden realization that I have not slept with a stuffed animal since I was thirteen. 

So. . . Who, or what, exactly is this thing I am currently cuddling? I open my eyes to find the sleeping face of a fricken angel with me. . . Eliza.