Night out

(Sinara, Ashley, Moe, and August in the m/m.)

Nia

"I don't know. What should I do? I'm getting bored with it." I spoke with my hair dresser, sitting in her chair waiting on her to work her magic.

"I think a nice auburn dye would suit your complexion best. How would you like that?"

I stared at myself in the mirror across from me, skeptical about the suggestion.

"I don't know. And don't just be telling me shit to make me spend more than I intend to, Ya'linda."

"Well, it's how I make my money." She joked. I lightly slapped her thigh.

"But foreal, mami. It'll gorgeous on you."

"Okay, you sure I won't look corny? Like, too bold? I don't wanna be looking like one of these wannabe Rihanna ass bitches walking down the street."

"Trust me, you'll look fine." She smiled.

"Okay," I spoke uneasily. "But, if you fuck this up I'm not paying for shit, Ya'Linda."

"Oh, hush. When have I ever let you down?" She chuckled at my threat that I hit her with almost every week. I'm a regular here, so I knew I wasn't leaving this shop disappointed.

Giggling also, I got comfortable and prepared for Ya'Linda to do her business. Once a week I bring myself up here for a day of me just pampering myself, but today is different. Me, my sister, and a couple of our friends decided to hit up a strip club tonight. So I had to get dolled up and show out for the occasion.

"So, what you getting all fancied up for today?" Landy, one of the shop workers, asked me. Her obnoxious gum chewing loud as ever.

"The girls wanna get wild tonight and go to a strip club." I said, a smirk brewing on my face.

"A strip club? I ain't know you was like that Nia?" She laughed.

"Neither did I, but I been wanting to try something new for a while. Lately it's just been bars and clubs. I wanna see some freaky shit for once."

"Can't blame you, girl. Sometimes I need a lap dance too," She loudly confessed, causing a round of laughter to erupt the shop.

"Y'all think I'm playing but I'm serious. Everybody, man and woman, need at least one good lap dance in their life. It's logics in my head. Soothes the sexual tension." She turned to a mirror and placed on another coat of her bright red lipstick.

"And if your ass don't get back to your post, trust me, you'll be giving those lap dance's." Ya'Linda eyed her.

"Keep playing, Ya'Linda..." Landy playfully threatened her.

Laughs were all that was filling the shop. I always loved coming down here. They were always so lively on a Saturday evening. It was uplifting and tonight might bring another smile to my face since I recently just got a new job as an assistant to a big time corporate CEO.

I don't know how I landed it without a high school diploma, but chances are my boss was liking what he saw. A short casual business skirt and some heels always does the trick.

My class and sex appeal are what gets me through life as somewhat of what I consider a hustler. Yes, I use my looks and charm to their high advantages. Mama didn't bless me with soft peachy skin, silky hair, and good looks for nothing.

I used my beauty with pride and didn't mind using it to get what I want. I got a list of times I went short on cash at the bar and a random guy didn't mind spending a few hundred on a bottle for me.