Chapter Seventeen

I have such a good feeling about this ten page spread. The readers are going to enjoy it and the true Rhys Ryan fans are going to absolutely love it! The photo editing peeps are impressed with the shots I have taken of him, especially the natural and unposed ones.

I believe that the interview itself reveals a far more lighter and intimate side to Rhys. It focuses less on his fame but more on who he is as a person. It's revealing a more personal and humorous side to him, a side that any avid Rhys Ryan devotee will eagerly digest. I honestly can't wait to see the entire thing laid out, ready to print. With a satisfied spring in my heeled steps, I make my way back to the main office. As soon as I enter the large and busy room, Jess practically runs towards me. "Rhys Ryan is here! In Dex's office." Her voice is verging on a shriek, a very excited shriek.

My eyes dart to Dex's office, and sure enough, Rhys is sat in the chair opposite him. They are obviously in the middle of a conversation, one that seems lively and light, judging by the reciprocated smiles and nods that pass between them. My delighted eyes soon rest back on Rhys, then my heart starts racing at the unexpected sight of him. "Why is he here?" I was only supposed to have asked that in my head, but my dazed question slips right out of my mouth without warning.

"I don't know, but damn, am I glad that he is!" Jess dreamily coos, going all gooey over him.

And I can see why. Wearing dark tapered jeans and a muscle fit crew neck jumper in a flattering shade of red and his hair sexily messed up—he looks good enough to eat.

From where I am, I stare and inwardly feel like an excited wreck. I can't believe Rhys is actually here, but worry why he is. He is supposed to be on a flight back to LA, not sat opposite my boss.

Do I approach Dex's office?

Do I go back to my desk?

As the entire office staff, male and female, try to get on with their work and ignore the presence of Rhys Ryan even being here, I silently argue with myself over what I should do. "You'd better go in, Clara. Dex told me to tell you to, once you were back." Jess and her bubbly voice promptly settles my inner argument that I've just been so stupidly having. Thanking her with a nervous smile, my apprehensive feet start moving towards Dex's office. My quiet anxiety has me twisting the only ring that I wear on my finger as I put one anxious foot in front of the other. Once at the glass door, both Dex and Rhys become aware that I am there. Not bothering to knock, I walk right in with my head held high and my excitement levels even higher.

"Clara, are you all done with the photo editors?" Dex asks, swivelling his chair slightly so that he is in my eye line.

Dubiously, I answer. "Yes, why?" That's when I look from Dex to Rhys, needing to say something to him. "Hey again." I smile across at him, my heart going like the clappers inside of me. God, it's so good to see him.

He smiles, so naturally warm and radiating. "Hey again." He sweetly repeats, returning the very same greeting.

"Rhys is just wanting to go over some of his interview questions with you. He's not quite sure how he'll come across in some of them, so would just like to have a good look at them before he returns to The States." Dex is talking, and I hear him, I'm just too busy losing myself to the sage eyes that are currently locked on only me. "Clara?" The sudden deepness to my bosses voice soon grabs my straying attention. "Is that okay?" Dex asks, suspiciously now blinking across at me.

With a slow nod and a sheepish smile, I finally feel able to answer. "Of course." Standing tall, I desperately try to retain some professional composure. "Is it okay to use the meeting room?" I ask, keeping my eyes firmly on Dex and not anywhere near Rhys.