BEGIN

begin (verb): start, undergo, or perform the first part of (with object); come into being, or have its starting place at a certain time or place (without object)

jungkook hated his nightmares. except, they weren't much of nightmares, but rather memories. they were things he wished weren't real but they were, and it made him want to just end it all.

jungkook did have a gun, one jin didn't know about, hidden behind his dresser, dust probably coating over it. he could pull it out anytime, just blow his brains out, but he didn't want to leave jin alone.

his nightmares got worse with each passing night. it was torture for him, constantly waking up and making jin rush into his room to comfort him. that particular night, the nightly terrors were nothing like before and jungkook jolted up in bed again.

he didn't feel himself moving off the bed, taking the blankets with him as he hit the floor with a thud. his door slammed open, seokjin rushing in.

"jungkook, are you alright?"

"i'm fine, hyung," he muttered, sitting up with a grunt. his side ached a bit, but it wouldn't matter in a while anyway.

"okay." seokjin walked to the door, pausing with his hand on the handle. "if you need anything, call me."

once jungkook was alone, he kicked his legs free of the blankets, making his way to his dresser. he paused, wondering if he would do it, then shoved the doubts to the back of his mind.

the gun was a small hand gun with only one bullet, right where jungkook had left it months ago. one side was coated in dust, the floor having a clean patch in the shape of the gun.

jungkook pushed the dresser back into place, taking the gun with him to his bed. he sat on the edge, and took a deep breath.

click.

once the safety was off, he slowly brought it up to his temple, then lowered it slightly.

"hyung!" he yelled out.

"coming!" seokjin's voice rang from the room next door.

jungkook waited until the footsteps were right outside his door, then raised the gun again.

bang!

ready, aim, fire!