blood, sweat, and tears

edited

seokjin opened his eyes to be greeted with harsh white lights. the room he was in was quiet; the only sounds were his soft breaths and the beeping of the machine next to him.

he attempted to sit up, pushing himself up with his arms and wincing at the pounding headache he had. he groaned softly and lay back down, his hand automatically trailing to his wrist, to check for the scars he had made. all he felt was smooth skin. seokjin looked down in confusion, seeing no scars - only the smooth, pale skin of his wrist.

it was then that he noticed where he was. it was a hospital, a place seokjin wished he wouldn't have ended up. he wished to be with the others but decided to call a nurse first, but one ended up walking in anyway.

"oh thank god, you're finally awake. they were just about to pull you off of life support you know, but your friends tried to stop them," the nurse said as she bustled around, taking record of things.

my friends? aren't they ... dead?

"i can ask the front desk to call them for you, if you would like." the nurse offered.

"please," jin croaked out; his throat was dry and scratchy.

"oh, water! i'll bring out some on my way back up." the nurse sent a kind smile at seokjin and made her way out to call his friends.

they came in less than an hour, all of them with tears in their eyes and dark rings circling their eyes.

"hyung!" they all cried out, collapsing onto his bed, sobs wracking their bodies. "hyung,"

seokjin felt his motherly side come out again, gently beginning to pet their heads and smooth out their hair, telling them that everything was okay.

"can someone tell me what happened?" he asked.

namjoon recovered first. "you were in a car crash," he said, wiping his tears. "the doctors said that you had been hit with some debris and been knocked into a coma as a way of prolonging your life until your brain could repair itself."

"the part of your brain that's used for repair was slightly damaged so it took longer that it normally would, but you've been in a coma for nearly a year," suga sobbed.

seokjin had never seen his friends cry so much before in his life. he felt his heart grow warm from the affection he was receiving, smiling fondly, but remembered what he dreamed of.

he began to tear up. "guys, i'm so happy that you're all right," he sniffed. "i dreamed that you all were dead, that you commuted suicide and i was the last one left."

jungkook began to cry too. "hyung! but we're still alive so it's okay, hyung!"

"i know, jungkookie, i —"

seokjin opened his eyes to be greeted with harsh white lights.