LIE

edited

lie (noun): an intentionally false statement

jimin had always liked water. it gave him an odd sense of comfort, like a warm blanket that surrounded him and cheered him up when he was sad.

he'd always been the one to suggest the beach trips and going to the hotel pools when they had free time, always the one to go in first and drag the others with him.

the bathtub seemed to be his favorite place nowadays, and he always was simply sitting in there when no one else was in the dorm room.

it felt odd to say that the water didn't feel comforting at all today. it was suffocating, the way it lapped at his chest and the cold bit at his exposed skin.

the events that had happened in the past few months were most certainly not his fault and he knew that, but a small voice in the back of his head nagged about what he had done wrong, until that was all he could hear.

should he wait for the others to come home so he could talk to them like he should? or should he drown himself in his sorrows and the water that surrounded him?

his band mates wouldn't be home for at least the next hour, meaning jimin had time to write out a note and make a decision. he needed to sort out his thoughts, maybe add in an apology or three.

he wrapped his body in a soft towel, quickly wiping himself as dry as possible but not taking off his soaked clothes. he likely wouldn't need to.

he sat down at the kitchen table, a piece of paper and a pen in his hand. he pressed the pen down on the paper, beginning to write out everything he wanted to say to his hyungs that he never really got to tell them.

dear hyung,

the house was oddly silent when the others came home. normally they would hear the tub drain and jimin come to greet them with still slightly wet hair and a smile.

i have a few things i want to say. firstly, i apologize. to you, to jungkook, to the rest of my hyungs. i really do love you all.

jimin was not in his room. seokjin frowned and headed to the bathroom door. maybe he had just fallen asleep in there.

i want to apologize for the fact that i'll be dead by the time you get to read this. and i want to apologize for saying goodbye so soon.

the door of the bathroom was unlocked, letting seokjin in without a sound. jimin looked so peaceful, he could have been asleep.

i also want to apologize to the others for not noticing how they felt and not doing anything.

but seokjin knew better. his lips were tinted blue and the water was freezing, and seokjin could no longer see his chest rising and falling.

i'm sorry, and goodbye.

seokjin fell down with a wail of anguish, sobbing against the bathtub, his hands gripping at the cold flesh of jimin's body. the others rushed in, tears in their eyes as taehyung held the crumpled note in his hand, only to spot seokjin sobbing against jimin and eventually collapsing down next to him, sobs wracking their cold and tired bodies.

untrue, untrue.