STIGMA

edited

stigma (noun): mark of disgrace associated with a particular circumstance, quality, or person

taehyung loved heights. he loved the thrill as he looked down only to spot the ground so far away. he loved the strong breeze that would blow through his hair as he sat on the ledge of the ten story building.

taehyung loved the sky so much that often his head was found up in the clouds, especially when he should have been paying attention. but it was only ever him. him, the one that daydreamed during class. him, the weird boy that always pissed the teachers off.

that's where bangtan came in. bangtan was like his rock, all of them heavy enough to ground him and make him see the truth. he knew it was good for him, but he often found himself wishing he could be free from all the responsibilities.

he loved bangtan, he truly did. he wished he could repay them in a different way than this but this was all he could do for now. he sighed and kicked his legs against the concrete wall. finally he stood, the wind tousling his hair and the breeze making his eyes water.

he smiled softly at the ground far down below where people would walk past without a care in the world, but for once, the streets were quiet. it was three in the morning after all. his body would be found when the morning rush began, with people streaming through the sidewalks in busy haste.

he laughed quietly, tilting his head back to stare at the dark sky. sorry hyungs and dongsaeng, i love you all. but i think it's about time i got my head back down to earth once more. and now—

without a single glance back, taehyung let himself lean forward and fall.

—i'm free.

you know it all, you're my best friend.