Chapter Three: Arachnophobia

Kai walks into the kitchen to find everyone up already. "Well, well, well! Fire starter is quite the sleepy head!" Jay announces. Kai rolls his eyes. "Yeah, yeah, yeah." Says the fire ninja as he whacks the back of Jay's head. Jay lets out a sound of pain as Kai sits across from him. Cole snickers, as well as Lloyd. "Now, any updates?" Kai asks. He looks to Lloyd. Lloyd, who has been blushing ever since Kai sat beside him, smiles back with a nervous expression. Kai frowns and Lloyd gets scared. Kai shrugs, brushing his thought off, and turns back to his cereal. A spider the size of a plate drops on top of his bowl and he freezes with wide eyes for three beats before jumping up, screaming bloody murder.

Kai presses his back against the wall as he looks to the eight legged arachnid with wide & terrified eyes. The others look to him in shock. The giant spider crawls toward him after making it's way to the floor. Kai slides away, keeping his back to the wall. The spider fallows him, causing him to whimper as he scotches away. "Are....are you scared of spiders?" Jay asks. Kai nods. "I can handle smaller ones, but not huge one that one! And its after me!" Kai screams and presses himself into the wall more. Lloyd looks to Kai in sympathy before using his powers to roast the arachnid in green flames.

Kai sighs in relief before hugging Lloyd. Lloyd blushes deeply, but with a wide grin cracking his face wide open. Kai holds onto Lloyd for dear life, still shaken up over the spider. "Wait, then how did he handle those spiders in the underworld back when we first fought Garmadon?" Jay asks. "I focused on the skeletons." Kai offers up in a shaky voice, still clinging to Lloyd.

Lloyd doesn't know what to feel. He's happy to be receiving a hug from Kai, but he was upset at the circumstances that brought this on. Nonetheless, Lloyd hugs back, holding onto the one who was there for him when everyone else thought him to old to need any aid. He relishes in the heat that emits from Kai's body.

When Kai finally calms down, he brings his face out of Lloyd's neck, blushing. "So... Um... Thanks... For... killing the... um.... Yah.... that thing..." Kai says nervously before running out of the room. Lloyd just stands there. Cole shakes his head before dragging Lloyd away.

~Three hours later~

The team ends up in the middle of a village fighting the spiders, except Kai. Kai was to busy hiding wherever. By time they finished off the least of the giant beasts that hadn't fled, Lloyd was seriously worried for Kai.

Nya Ronin went to patrol the surroundings, encase the spiders came back. Cole, Jay, and Nya went around delivering the perfected antidote to everyone bit while releasing who they could from the cocoons they were trapped in.

Lloyd went around looking for Kai, worried for his crush. Kai sat snugly in a barrel that was in a tinny metal room that was in a giant building. The young male rocked back and forth, wishing he had just stayed home with Pythor. Lloyd enters the building as he calls Kai's name. "KAI! ARE YOU IN HERE?! THE SPIDERS ARE GONE! ITS SAFE! YOU CAN COME OUT NOW!" Lloyd shouts. "THAT'S WHAT THEY WANT YOU TO THINK! WHEN YOU TURN YOUR BACK THEY'LL STRIKE AGAIN LIKE THE DEMON SPAWN THEY ARE!" Kai shouts back, paranoia taking him over. Lloyd shakes his head. Was this really what he fell for?

"JUST COME OUT! WE'LL PROTECT YOU! JUST LIKE HOW I KILLED THAT SPIDER EARLIER! REMEMBER?!" Lloyd shouts, trying to calm Kai down. Kai thinks on the offer. He didn't exactly want to spend his days in a barrel. He slowly gets out of the barrel. Once Kai is on his two legs, he sprints out of the room and behind Lloyd, very happy Lloyd was the green ninja all of a sudden. Lloyd chuckles, at least he could show off a bit like this.

-&-

What do y'all think of.....

Kai?

Lloyd?

Cole?

Jay?

The others?

The story?

The spiders?

Any theories?

Who in this story do you ship?

Let me know!

BYE!