Chapter Six: Snakes

Chapter Six: Snakes  

~2 weeks after GreenFlame~  

  Kai relaxes in bed with a historical book to read. The account was about the great Anacondrai VS Venomari war. He read with anticipation, always happy to learn a bit more about history. When The other ninja get back from a spider filled mission, Lloyd goes to his room and finds Kai on his bed. "You really like my bed, don't you?" Lloyd asks, crawling in and laying his head on Kai's chest. Kai hums in response, zoned into his book. Lloyd chuckles a bit. That was his Kai alright.  

  An alarm sounds, and Misako demands Kai's presence as well.   

"What I want to know is why is even here. He's no good if he's to scared of the spiders to fight." Jay asks. "Yeah, all he does is read all day." Nya agrees. "And besides, I don't want my brother to be exposed to his biggest phobia, it isn't right." She adds. "I stay because Lloyd is here." Kai replies from his book. Lloyd hugs him after that, kissing his cheek. Kai smiles as he reads after that.

"Well, we'll need Kai in the field for this." Misako says. Kai's book drops to the floor. "WHAT?!" He screeches. Lloyd rubs his back gently. "The spiders can only be killed by fire Kai, and my son will not be the only one doing it. Zane and Nya will have your flank. Cole & Jay, your on Lloyd duty. Ronin, you'll scout ahead for danger in the mech." Misako commands. They all nod, having no choice but to except their fates.

  As Kai walks around with Zane and Nya behind him, his eyes dart around and his hands shake. He did not like this, not at all. A spider pops out of an ally under the night sky and charges at Kai specifically. Kai burns it, but more show up. They swarm the street.  

  Lloyd walks around with Cole and Jay. "It's been two hours, where the fuck are the spiders?" Jay asks aloud. "HELP!" They hear Nya's voice over the com and run to her location. They see the swarm of spiders and their eyes go wide. Nya and Zane are webbed to light posts as all the spiders swarm in on Kai, ignoring the others existence for him.  

  "Why the hell do they all want Kai?!" Jay shouts as he electrocutes a random spider. "I don't know! I don't care! I just know that we have to protect him if their after him!" Cole shouts back. "It is curious though." Zane admits from his position, tied to a nearby post. "Oh, yeah... We might want to free you." Jay says with a nervous blush. He had forgotten about Zane and Nya. Cole uses his scythe to cut them free and they all race to reach Kai, taking out random spiders in the process. When they reach Kai he quickly grabs Lloyd and doesn't let go. Lloyd blushes up redder then any suit Kai ever wore. As they all blast away at the spiders, more just keep coming. Wu ends up joining in with Ronin, but they weren't even making a dent!  

  Misako comes in eventually and still, no help. "This is hopeless! I say we give them Kai and take off!" Jay shouts, exhausted. "What do you mean?" Misako asks. "They seem to be attracted to Kai. If we were to stop fighting, they'd even basically ignore us and just try to nab him." Zane explains. "It's like their obsessed with him, and it isn't exactly helping his paranoia any, he has traps for the things all over our room." Lloyd adds in. Wu and Misako look to each other in question.  

  Kai has had enough! He can't truly fight like this! He goes full on Anacondrai when no one is looking and discovers that the spiders are afraid of him in that form. He smirks. Now he was getting somewhere! He starts taking out the fear stunned spiders with his sword, even going invisible from time to time just to show off. When he finishes taking out what spiders didn't run away, he smirks, turning human again, forgetting the others were there. He turns around to find them staring at him and he gulps. Oops.