Chapter Five: Green Flames

~1 day after the kiss~  

  Lloyd lays in his bed with an arm over his eye when Cole comes in, locks the door, and sits on Kai's bed. "So, wanna talk about yesterday?" Cole asks with a raised brow. "Kai and I made out." Lloyd says with a blush, sitting up. "Woe! What?!" Cole shouts, surprised. "Yeah, I loved it! I couldn't believe it happened! I was on cloud nine, but then he remembered that he has a girlfriend..." Lloyd says excitedly, ending in a pout. Cole winces at the last part. "Aye. What did he do?" Asks the dancer. "He apologized to me and we climbed down the tree. He took off to somewhere after we got back here and I haven't seen him since." Lloyd answers gloomily. Cole goes to Lloyd and hugs him as tears leek from the green ninja's eyes. "Hopefully he's breaking up with her for you?" Cole tries, hoping to cheer the blond up. Lloyd stays silent. Like that would ever happen.  

  Kai wakes up and looks to his chest to find Skylor's sleeping face. He came here after he got back last night and confessed what he did to Skylor. She was angry that he kissed someone else, but thanked him for confessing, the last she wanted was secrets. She'd had enough secrets when she was working for her dad and just wanted an open relationship, something Kai gave her. Sure the two were an on-again-off-again couple, but Kai always came crawling back exactly two days after dumping her. She hated that he couldn't just make up his mind with her, but she viewed him as worth it. The breakups were her fault after all. She kept trying to push him into sex, something he strongly believed should only come after marriage. This caused a lot of fights were he would breakup with her, upset she couldn't respect his believes of the subject, only to come right back exactly two days later.  

  Kai smiles at his girlfriend right as she starts to stir awake. "Good morning sleepy head." He says to her lovingly. The two kiss before getting out of bed. Kai hops in the shower as Skylor goes to make some breakfast. When Kai gets out of the shower he dresses in some clothes he purposely left there for this reason and heads out to eat. The two laugh and enjoy each other's company as they eat with big goofy grins.When Kai goes to leave for home he gives her a quick kiss goodbye before heading out.  

  Kai walks in just as the ninja are being sent out for another mission. "Are there going to be spiders?" He asks as everyone rushes to get ready around him. "Yes." Nya answers. Kai shakes his head before walking toward his room lazily. "Um, what are you doing?" Jay asks him. "I am going to my room. I'll be no help hiding away somewhere, so I may as well not even go." Kai answers. Jay nods in head. Kai had a point.  

As the other ninja leave, Kai collapses on his bed. What was he going to do? He loved Skylor, a lot, but he felt himself falling for Lloyd. He had to admit, he had more in common with Lloyd, Lloyd was cute, Lloyd made him feel happy & safe, Lloyd's smile was alluring, Lloyd's laugh was addicting, and Lloyd made him so much happier then ever before! Skylor was cute to, but the two did disagree a lot. She did make him happy, the two loved each other, but they were constantly on & off! Her smile mad him melt, but she barley respected his viewpoint on anything, and often tried to force him into things. He was happy with her, but he was miserable to! It was a never ending cycle of love & hate with her, but he wanted a real relationship. What he had with Skylor wasn't healthy, for either of them. He mad up his mind. He knew what he had to do.

  When the others get back at midnight, Lloyd goes into his room to find Kai sound asleep. A tear falls from Lloyd's eye. Oh, how he loved Kai, but he knew I'd never happen. As the green ninja falls asleep, he has dreams of a much simpler world where he could just have the man of his dreams, Kai, and be happy.  

  When everyone wakes up in the morning Kai goes strait to meet Skylor in the city park. He finds her on a bench. Skylor smiles when she sees Kai. She loved him dearly. She didn't care that their relationship was a mess, she just wanted him. She even planned to promos him that she'd stop being so forceful. She'd come to a realization last night and was willing to change some, ok, a lot, of her ways for him. She loved him, and never wanted to loose him. All she wanted was to see him happy.  

  Kai walks up to her and Skylor hugs him with a kiss to his cheek. "Hello~ What's up?" She says sweetly. Kai sighs. "I... We need to break up." He says to her with sad eyes. Sky pulls back with wide eyes. "What? We aren't even fighting right now." She says, tears in her eyes. "I'm sorry. I... I was thinking while I had some time alone yesterday. I've fallen in love with Lloyd, and out of love with you. What he have...or had... Isn't healthy either. We both need an actually healthy relationship Sky." He explains. She sobers up, putting on a poker face. "I see. I... I agree. I... I think I might like someone else myself. I... Hope we can stay friends?" She replies. Kai smiles. "Then we're on the same page. Good. And yeah, friends." Kai says with a smile. Skylor smiles, forcing herself not to cry.  

  "KAI!" Lloyd's voice is heard. "There you are! Everyone is looking for you." Lloyd says, jogging up to them. Kai smiles widely at the sight of the blond male. "Oh, hey Lloyd." She says before turning to leave. "See you around Kai. I... Have some errands to run." She says before walking away. She looks back once to see Lloyd hugging Kai and a tear slips before she never looks again.  

  Kai walks back with Lloyd. Their hands graze each other as they walk side by side. "So, is Skylor your girlfriend?" Lloyd asks when Cole joins them. The black ninja winces. He knew how much Kai liked her. "Not anymore. We just broke up." Kai answers. Lloyd brightens up and Cole pumps his fist in the air, happy for what this might mean. "Yeah. We were on-again-off-again for a while there, so it's kinda a relief that its final this time." Kai explains. "I someone else now anyways. Someone I get along with a lot better." Kai adds, keep his gaze straight ahead. "Oh." Lloyd says, pouting a bit. "Yeah. We get along real well. Oh, and that voice... So beautiful!" Kai goes on, looking all dreamy. Cole looks at him like: What the fuck?!  

  Kai sighs when he sees that Lloyd isn't getting the hint. Nya, Jay, Ronin, Misako, Dareth, and Wu show up on the seen when Kai pulls Lloyd in, dipping him, and kisses him. Everyone's jaw drops to the floor. When Kai pulls Lloyd back up their lips are still joined as both relish in the kiss. When they pull apart for air Kai smiles at Lloyd. "I was talking about you, you green idiot." Kai says with a chuckle before kissing him again. Lloyd's arms wrap around Kai's neck as Kai wraps his arms around Lloyd's waist.  

  That night, Kai lays in his bed to sleep when Lloyd shuffles over. Kai smirks before lifting the cover, letting Lloyd get under with him. Lloyd snuggles into Kai's chest, happy and at ease. 

-&- 

What do you think of...

Kai?

Skylor / Sky?

Lloyd?

Cole?

Jay?

The Story So Far?

Any theories?

Questions?

Let me know!