Chapter Eight: Custos Training

~A week after the prophecy was told~  

  Kai sighs, they had the bounty back at last and he was loving it! He toss and turn in his red bed sheets. Lloyd lay on his own green bed on the opposite side of the room. "This is nice." Kai says as his tail hangs off the end of the bed. "Yeah. I wish we could share a bed though." Lloyd mumbles the last part, but Kai hears every word. Kai slithers over to his lover and into the bed beside him. "Like this?" He asks huskily as he spoons the younger. Lloyd blushes. "Y-yeah." He answers and Kai chuckles. "How about this? We'll switch. One night in one bed and the next night in the other? That way can share a bed and neither bed goes useless." Kai suggests. Lloyd thinks on it. "Sure." He says with a smile and the two snuggle up with each other.  

  Kai's tail wraps around Lloyd's waist, pulling the blond closer. Lloyd relaxes with his head on Kai's chest and sighs. Kai blows on Lloyd's hair quickly before whistling as the blond looks up to him annoyed. "What is up with you and doing that all the damn time?" Lloyd asks as he fixes his hair. Kai chuckles. "It's fun." He says before blowing Lloyd's hair again. Lloyd lets out an aggravated scream and sits up. "You jackass!" He shouts and fixes his hair again. Kai laughs at this. "I'm your jackass though." He says, hugging Lloyd. Lloyd grumbles. "Yeah, yeah.... Shut up." He says annoyed as Kai begins to laugh again.  

  Kai leans in and kisses Lloyd. Lloyd blushes before kissing Kai. The two trade off like this until things become a heated make out session. Lloyd sits on Kai's lap, pushing Kai against the wall, stratiling his lover. Kai's tail wraps around Lloyd's waist from behind as Lloyd's hands pin his wrists against the wall. The two continue like this, moaning from time to time, until Lloyd feels a stir in his pants. He pulls back immediately and hides under the blankets on Kai's bed. Kai blinks a few times before shaking his head. "What happened?" He asks the green ninja. Lloyd turns over to face the wall. "Lloyd?" Kai asks, getting worried. "Did I do something wrong?" He whimpers. Still no answer. Kai slides off Lloyd's bed and slowly slithers over. "Lloyd?" He asks agin, getting scared. "What's going on? Tell me, please." He begs. Lloyd pulls the covers over his head. No way was he telling Kai he had a boner! Kai believed strongly in no sex till marriage and Lloyd thought he'd have a bad reaction to the boner.  

  Kai sighs, seeing this was going nowhere, and slithers out of the room with tears in his eyes.  

  Kai slithers to the deck and goes human before turning on the training course and going at it. Cole's eyes go wide when he comes out to see the anger on Kai's face. That was Kai's thing. Turning sadness, guilt, depression, and what else like that into anger. It was how he dealt with it, unhealthy? Yes. But it worked for him and he used it to fuel his fighting, making him stronger. Cole decides that the wise choice is to let Kai go at it till he's calm again and then try going on the course.  

  Jay comes out not long after Cole walks away and rolls his eyes at Kai. "What's eating you this time?" The seemingly fearless lighting ninja asks. Kai turns to him before sighing and walking over to the very edge of the balcony. Jay joins him. "Lloyd." Kai says lowly, almost in a whisper. "What happened?" Jay asks. "He... I.... We were making out when all of a sudden he pulls away and curls up in blankets on the opposite side of the room. I asked what was wrong, but he refused to speak. He just turned away and hid in the blankets. I feel like I did something extremely wrong, and I have no clue what I did." Kai admits solmley. Jay looks into the distance. "I don't have any clue on what to tell you, but I'm glad you opened up to me. Brothers, right?" Jay says in reply and Kai smiles. "Yeah, brothers."  

Nya comes out. "Kai! Jay! Come! Quick!" She shouts then runs back inside. The two look to each other before running to the brig. "There's been a new attack!" Nya says to everyone. Lloyd and Cole both glare at how close Jay and Kai are standing to each other. "I'll pick the teams." Zane says. He turns around, about to put Kai with Lloyd. "Kai, you'll be with-" He gets cut off by Jay. "JAY! Kai will be with me!" Jay shouts. "Why?" Cole asks. "Cuz, it's the perfect chance to discuss our Christmas presents for everyone!" Jay shouts all giddy. "But what about your presents for each other?" Lloyd asks, giving Jay a death glare. "I already shooed for him!" Jay announces. "I did all my shopping already." Kai says in an emotionless tone. Everyone looks to him in shock before turning back to Jay. "You aren't supposed to be talking on a mission." Nya says flatly. "I'd also like to change things up. I'm always paired with Cole, Kai with Lloyd, and Nya with Zane. Let's shake things up a bit!" Jay says. "I have no real protest." Kai says, looking depressed.