three

it's crazy what you do for a friend

jinyoung wakes up in a hospital.

the first thing that echoes in his mind is that it had meant he went out- in the rain.

his mind shuddered at the thought, his eyes still closed. his ears focus on a few voices that, to jinyoung, seemed pretty near. from his dazed state, he concludes it'd been yugyeom- yugyeom and mark. he can't quite recognize the words the voices form, rather, he focuses on the sound outside.

the rain.

it's intense today.

that's strange, jinyoung thinks. there's a nervous feeling fluttering in his stomach, and he opens his eyes hastily and breathes in. he's blinded by the bright light that's coming from the window, the sun shining weirdly strong. there were no clouds, yet the rain was as intense as the sunlight.

too bright, he mutters to himself, slowly sitting up, finding something was keeping him from bending his arm. ugh, needles, he thinks when he looks down, a shiver going through his body. he was never really scared of needles, he just really didn't like them either. who did, anyway?

it's a rather unwanted change of atmosphere when jackson walks in, eyes widening and he suddenly storms over to jinyoung.

''are you okay? what happened? did you hurt yourself? i mean, the doctor said you were okay, but- you- i- when we came home you were almost blacked out- i- we shouldn't have-'', jinyoung looks at jackson, who spoke hastily through his panic.

''it's okay. i'm okay, jackson'', jinyoung says, looking at his friend, a comforting smile on his face, even though he'd rather not be going through this. he feels a slight pang of guilt jabbing away at his chest for making jackson and the others worried. 

jackson sighs, the door closing behind them when mark and the other three boys enter the room. jinyoung smiles softly, he hasn't seen anyone but mark in about three days. it's nice, for a change, even so, he still can't help but feel his hands sweat at the intense dripping sound outside.

how much rain did he touch?

he looks out, mark sighing as soon as he realizes what jinyoung is looking at.

''we had no choice. you weren't okay'', mark reasons, his voice soft. jinyoung nods absent-mindedly, and jackson shares a knowing look with mark. he can hear youngjae and the two youngest whisper, not that he pays enough attention to find out what, though. 

''why is there so much of it?'', he comments, not specifically talking to anyone, but everyone hears him. bambam stutters to say something before yugyeom stops him, shaking his head slightly. they both look at jinyoung, whose eyes look like he's a lost child in a neverending hall.

mark turns back to them, softly shooing them out of the room, and they comply, knowing mark's always been the closest to jinyoung, after him, that is.

''jinyoung-ah'', mark calls out softly to him, sitting on the bed. it'd felt weird to see jinyoung in any other surrounding that weren't the dull, gray walls of his room. 

jinyoung leans back into mark's arms, enjoying the warmth, for the second time in a short time. every now and then, he'd love how safe he felt in mark's arms, and he'd just let himself feel protected. it took his mind off of him, for a moment at least.

''will you tell me what happened?'', mark whispers, looking down on jinyoung, whose eyes were closed, his breathing deep. it pained mark to see him so.. miserable. it pained all of them to see jinyoung like that. 

jinyoung sighs, opening his eyes but they seemed to be avoiding mark's figure, for some reason. mark panics when jinyoung takes a sharp breath. ''i-'', he tries to speak, choking out the syllable barely. mark shushes him quickly.

''no, if you can't, please don't. don't force yourself, jinyoung-ah, please'', mark whispers. ''it's okay, you're okay'', he says in a calming tone, and as much as it does comfort jinyoung...

''jinyoung-ah, you're okay. i'm here for you. i'll never leave, i'm with you, you're going to be okay''.

jinyoung feels his eyes watering. he shuts them instantly, preventing any tears from getting out. it'd been a while since he cried, and he certainly wasn't going to cry now. he takes in another sharp, deep breath. the air in the disguistingly white hospital room wasn't cold, but the air pierces through his lungs for some reason he couldn't name.

''i'm okay. yeah, i am'', he assures, more himself really, rather than mark, but mark still nods along. he looks mark in the eyes and can't escape the disguisting sight of pity. he doesn't want mark to pity him. he doesn't want anyone to pity him.

mark sees jinyoung's eyebrows narrowing for a bit before he sits up again, but hesitates on saying anything. jinyoung is looking down to his hands, his thumbs running along his other fingers, the anxiety bringing the need to do pretty much anything, and he can't resist the tickle of it in his chest.

''hyung- could you, uh, leave for a while?'', jinyoung says, and it's almost unaudible, but mark nods and stands up. he stops when he's by the door, something also very cliche if you ask jinyoung. ''i'll be there when you need me'', mark says, and just like that, the room is empty.

the words linger in jinyoung's mind, trying to decipher the meaning behind them. i'll be there when you need me, what had he meant by that, jinyoung thinks, his brain going places but in the background the same sound plays all over again and it's even stronger in the empty room, the (now) warm air softly giving jinyoung a feeling that's strangely similar to suffocating, except he's not.

he groans, he needs the air from his room back. he needs the gray walls back. he needs his home back.

dare he say it, but park jinyoung needs him.

  ▬  

okay okay still no actual jjp

aannd the littlest
bit of markjin but
i can't help it i've
become trash help
ugH h aha whoOPs
but i promise it's all platonic!!!
(or- well, not really
platonic, more like-
one-sided,,,whOOPS MIAN)
as you can see it's
mostly portraying
jinyoung and mark
 and a little bit
of jackson, the other
 boys are just there
because this is meant
to be jinyoung-centric,

and, sadly, jinyoung is
lost in the world of misery;
he only rly aknowledges those
tho try and reach out to
him aka jackson and mark
(most of the time), but that
doesn't mean he doesn't care
abt soft smol maknae line
oghey!!! this story
is really emo and jinyoung has
some pretty serious issues,
aaaand it's probably not going to
get any better any time soon,
maybe one day because i am
indeed a sucker for fluffy jjp lol.
but yeah, soon enough, we will
have actual jjp interactions.

soon enough, my children.

-ilysm, x.