ten

i won't be your crybaby

jinyoung wakes up to distant noises.

he recognizes the two voices he almost always hears, and it's not a suprise who's talking, no, not at all.

the suprise to jinyoung comes in the form of what they're talking.

''we have to tell him, jaebum'', it's mark's quiet, yet firm voice. jinyoung could recognize it anywhere.

''i know'', jaebum confirms. jinyoung knows only few times he's been this confused. sure, he could be reading into this completely unaccurately, but- 

something tells him he'd rather not find out what jaebum and mark are discussing.

but alas, jinyoung wouldn't be jinyoung without the stubborness, so his eyes stay closed. his breathing stays stilled, almost silent. he forces himself to relax his muscles, as if he were really sleeping. his ears are perked up and he's listening for every little hint that could tell him where the two are. 

they're silent for a bit, and jinyoung can almost feel their stares on him. he isn't wrong.

the two eye him carefully, neither knowing that he's really awake. 

jaebum sighs. he finds himself doing that a lot these days. 

''it'll break him. you too'', he whispers.

you too?

jinyoung can only wonder.

''don't worry about me'', mark says, quiet, and there's a hesitant pause between his words before he continues, ''i'll be just fine''. somehow, neither jaebum or jinyoung really believe him.

jinyoung thinks he's getting sick of listening to their conversation, not knowing anything, yet assuming the worst. so he softly turns, opens his eyes slowly, and stares at the ceiling for a few seconds before yawning and turning his eyes to the pair. 

''g'morning'', he yawns out, hoping it looks believable.

it does.

they don't think for a second he had heard anything.

he wishes he hadn't.

''morning'', they greet him, jaebum walking up to him, pressing his lips softly against jinyoung's forehead. a hint of guilt fills his eyes when he looks back at mark, who's staring at them both, a deer-in-the-headlights look on his face. jinyoung notices it, but chooses to stay silent over it.

he feels it's for the best.

it probably is.

well, his best, at least.

the world outside crashes, rainstorm after rainstorm after rainstorm.

a dark legend speaks its words, that the word will clash with water, if two soulmates don't unite.

the world outside suffers.

serein (n.)
the fine, light rain that falls from a clear sky at sunset or in the early hours of night.

eventually, his curiousness got the best of him. ''hyung, why were you and mark-hyung together this morning?'', jinyoung asks over the soft sound of rain outside.

he can physically see jaebum's body go tense.

it's freaking him out more than it should be.

a lot fucking more.

''uh- we- nothing much'', jaebum stutters, jinyoung can hear the hesitation in his voice, dripping with suprise, as if he hadn't expected jinyoung to ask, or as if he wasn't ready for jinyoung to ask. jinyoung concludes the latter is also the most likely. jinyoung wonders why.

''nothing much?'', even though he knows jaebum is pretty much avoiding the question straight on, his tone isn't in the slightest accusing, just genuinely curious. jinyoung feels that if he prepared for the answer all his life, he wouldn't be ready.

jaebum gives him four things. five, if jinyoung counts the love he always feels jaebum possessing, for him, just for him.

  ▬  

okay so yallllll we're nearing the end,,, this chapter is a bit shorter than your regular serein chappie, but that's because i wrote what i wanted to write in it, and then the next four (five maybe???) chapters will be about these ''things'' jaebum gives jinyoung, and then a few more and then the endddddddddddddddddddd

wow:???

im sed