fourteen

and so it seems i broke your heart

TW!!! SUICIDE

the fourth thing jaebum gives jinyoung is silence.

the rain falls harder than ever before when jinyoung goes up to the roof of their building. he sits on the edge, and everything feels so rushed, so- so sudden. jinyoung doesn't think he can take it.

he feels a presence next to him. without having to look who, when jaebum touches his shoulder, he knows it's him.

"mark loves you", a whisper, clouded by the sharp sound of rain, leaves jaebum's lips before he sits down next to jinyoung.

jinyoung shakes his head, unaccepting. "i- i don't-", he stutters, confused and scared and everything else.

"i know, nyoung-ah, i know", a comforting voice, albeit shaking.

they sit in silence for what seems like hours. they regret. jinyoung regrets being born like that. jaebum regrets being too powerless to change anything.

they sit like that in silence. quietly regretting, and it feels as if all of the world's barriers have crashed in between the two of them.

jinyoung closes his eyes.
makes up his mind.
takes jaebum's hand.

"hyung, i'd like to be alone for a bit- do you think you could-", he asks, his voice is shaking, unsure.

"yeah, sure, i'll see you soon, nyoung-ah", jaebum smiles softly and gets up to leave. jinyoung engraves that smile in his mind.

"hyung, i- i love you", he says it as if it's the last time. in his mind, it is.

"i love you too, jinyoung-ah. i always will", and jinyoung smiles to that.

when jaebum disappears, jinyoung stands up. it's a long way down, he thinks.

how does one fly?
don't look down. jump. close your eyes. that's how you fly.

so he does.

the fourth thing that jaebum gives jinyoung is silence, and it's their last.