Two

A knock sounded on the base of my window. My thoughts were all jumbled and scattered. I hesitate for a breath but I lift my eyes to meet yellow irises. Edward was mere inches away from my window standing along the edges of the tree that stood high before my window.

I push up the window letting the cool night air into my room, "Bella. We need to talk." were the first words i hear from Edward.

"Then talk. " I say. Rubbing the side of my arms with my hands to create heat.

"Not here. Can we go for a walk?" Did he think I was stupid? It's like 60 degrees out.

"No. It's cold outside. If you have anything to talk with me about. Say it right here."

I could see he was getting angry by the blatant way I was ignoring his wants. The new information Alice had given was an important piece of a very specific puzzle. A puzzle that I knew how to pick up the pieces.

"Fine. Carlisle has been working at the hospital for a couple years now. And many have started to notice he's not aging. It's a problem so we're leaving. "

"Well. I'll need to make an excuse for Charlie. " My mind was still trying to rationalize my feelings for the vampire, as well as my feelings for the other that starred in my dreams. Everything was just going by fast and my mere human brain wasn't fast enough to comprehend most of it.

"Bella. I don't think you understand. By my family. I mean my family and I are leaving. " I knew what Alice said was the truth. But still hearing those words left me feeling empty and alone. 

"Promise me one thing though?" I look up and meet his gaze once more.

"Promise me you won't do anything reckless?" he was leaving me, why did he care if i did anything that closely resembled anything reckless?

"Why do you care? You're leaving me. So why should I make that promise." I shout at the top of my lungs. Edward was getting on my last nerves and for once I was happy he was leaving and walking out of my life for good.

"You know i'm happy you're leaving. Once you leave i'll be free from all of your judgments and your stupid  views on my mortality. It's my life and I will live how I want to live it and nothing you do or say will change my views." My thoughts cleared at the same time Edward disappears from my life altogether.

Was I suppose to be hurting more? After all Edward was the love of my life. If it wasn't for Alice or these bizarre dreams then wouldn't I be hurting for real? I couldn't deal with any of this at the moment - finding out Edward wasn't my mate and having him leave was enough to send me into an abyss of darkness. 

I'm sitting on a case of stairs. I stand up and brush my hand on the railing and start my descent down the stairs till I stop my movement. An empty room was presented to me I walk further into the room until I notice something from the corner of my eye. It was a flower upon closer inspection. A purple flower that added an eerie sensation that brought forth cold chills along my spine.

I look up and notice a figure standing there. Watching me. The color red glowed until the red diminished and turned to the clearest shade of blue. This man wasn't what I was used to but the seductiveness was still there. The need. The want. The urge to touch him was still there.

Along the right side of his face I saw multiple burns etched along the side of his face guessing the burns went further then I could I see. A sense of sadness overtook me. my knees grew weak to keep me upright the next moment i'm kneeling on the ground and never once did he move. He stayed standing in the reprieve of darkness.

"Who are you?" I ask surprisingly enough my voice held steady. Although it wouldn't take much for my voice to break - the man brought with him malice and terror, but beneath all of that malice was something that was something that I wasn't supposed to find - the raw and untraceable feeling of love. He stepped forward as a window appeared letting the pale moonlight to shine through the room - the light rose up his tall and broad frame until his eyes glimmered.