Ten

Author's Note: Y'all i'm sorry bout not updating in a long while. No excuses. I will not be abandoning this story. This chapter is a bit on the short side, but i'll see to updating and being on the verge to finishing this story up. But this story will be long. So the ending is not here yet.

"Well that can't be good." Stiles sprinted towards the door checking the whole of the building had lost power. 

Suddenly, like a blink of an eye, Stiles was back in the room alerting them the power had indeed gone out.  They weren't going to panic, at least not yet.

"Stiles stay with Lydia. Bella and I will go see what happened." Stiles nodded. "Derek-

I watched as Derek disappeared.

"Guess he'll do whatever he does." Stiles remarked.

"Come on." I say to Scott giving him a push.

The lights among the ceiling were completely out. The emergency generator only beaming light where there were exits. It was strange. For some reason the staff were non-existent. Aunt Melissa - she lived at the hospital, yet I couldn't see her anywhere when all of us had talked to her minutes ago.

That's when I look up to see Scott his normal brown eyes were overpowered by his wolf traits.  Beaming yellow eyes look back at me, "night vision?" Scott nods as I try to follow after him. I try not to let it get to me.  It being the feeling of the Cullens.  Scott's eyes reminding her of the vegetarian vampires. 

"What does Peter have in mind? Was he even the creature that attacked Lydia?" I was trying to understand Peter's motive. It was dizzying trying to. But it was either that or battle the uprising feeling that something was about to go so horribly wrong. 

"I don't have the answers Bella. But I know one thing. Once we go head-to-head with Peter. I'm sure we will be running the other way." Scott assured. 

"I won't. I want to see him. I want to finally understand this connection between the both of us." I didn't want to run away.  Not anymore.  I wasn't the same girl from back when I was in Washington. I wasn't breakable. 

"Bella." I look at Scott. And only a few seconds of silence exchange between the both of us and an understanding passed. Scott nodded in acceptance. 

Scott opened the door to the stairs. It was pitch dark, good thing I had Scott with me as he grabbed ahold of my hand and led me up the steps till we reached the roof of the hospital. 

"Scott." Scott walked the way to the generator. 

"It's been torn apart."
"Well that can't be good."
"No. No it's not." Scott agreed. 

Then a loud howl sounded off.  Scott was beside me before a monstrous figure leaped from on top of the generator and landing mere feet before us.  I zeroed on his eyes goosebumps arise on my flesh, and my heart beats against my chest making me gasp for breath.

A beast landed. Sharp fangs and claws, a gigantic body that was covered with dark hair and scratches marred its flesh. A loud growl came from it, goosebumps appeared along her arms and chilled her heart nearly stopping it. I knew what I said. I knew I told Scott I wouldn't tuck tail and run at the sight of Peter. And if the half-burnt man within my dreams appeared I would be holding true. But it wasn't the sexy man within my dreams. No. It was a monster hell bent on tasting blood.