《4》

|josh|

tyler and josh were walking to his mom's sewing shop. josh could tell something was off. tyler wasn't nearly as happy as he should have been. in the middle of the dirt road josh stopped, tyler bumping into him.

josh needed to know what was going on. he turns around to the boy who looked like he had the whole world on his mind.
"what's wrong?" he quietly asked. tyler looks up from the ground.
"what do you mean?"
"you're all sad and i don't like it." the eleven year old boy stated crossing his arms, "plus we've been friends for forever so i know when something is wrong."
tyler looks back down and whispers
"i don't know if i can, i don't want you to be mad at me." he kicks up dirt as if trying to distract himself.
"why would i be mad?" josh nudges his arm. "just tell me ty."
tyler takes a breath like he is collecting all of his secrets.
"i'm leaving." he finally says.

josh flinches as if he just got hit.
"your what?"
"leaving, my family is needed somewhere else." tyler mumbles to josh tears filling up his eyes.
"b-but you promised that you would always be here! and now you're just going to leave!" tears slipped and ran out of the small boy.
"it's not like i want to!" tyler argues. pulling him into a hug, hating when josh cries.

josh follows tyler back to the castle and watches him get into the black carriage as if carrying death himself.

josh can't help but hope he will see tyler again. some day.