《24》

|tyler|

it was trumpets that woke him up, loud and booming. announcing the presence of someone important.
the curtains closed, hiding the morning sun that usually wakes him.
his formal wear was laid out on the foot of the bed. the grandfather clock ticking said it was half past ten.
why did no one wake me?
he rolled over very unprince like his muscles just as tired as he was. the cold floor helping to wake him up fully.

when he was done getting changed he went to the kitchen. the hallways quiet and always the dead.
"good morning your highness, a happy day for you isn't it? i wouldn't expect you to be sleeping in today." says a voice creeping up behind him. a woman, her red glowing hair held up high ready for a days work. soft brown glazed eyes. a smile placed on her pale lips.

"do mind my confusion, but what do you mean?"
she smiled wider.
"you're meeting your bride to be today, princess jenna black of the red kingdom." playfulness bounced in her eyes. as if he was a toy.
"and who may you be i've never seen you in this castle?"
"i myself have never been in Cora before, it is quite small. rumors seemed to make it around fast."
panic fuels tyler's thoughts.
"i do hope you aren't insulting my kingdom." he laughs hiding away the fear of being found. the fear of josh leaving.
but the girl laughs like she wasn't treading dangerous waters.
"goodness no."
they walk together. the girl as happy as she could be and tyler trembling with fear.

~

the dark dining hall is filled with both people tyler knows and doesn't know. one side holding his family the other jenna's, he assumes. the red head took a seat on her side, her smile never leaving.
a burly man, king black, sitting in the dead center while queen victoria sat in the center taking tyler's father spot.
"we have so much to discuss." she starts and the extra chatter dies.
"yes, it seems we do." the burly man grumbles, eyes swiping left and right looking for tyler's father.
"please forgive me, i never mentioned that sadly my husband is not able to join us. he is unbelievably sick and is currently bed ridden, of course on doctors orders." she tells the crowd hungry for something to gossip about.
"i do hope he get back into good health, we won't repeat this private information."
tyler looks around see who jenna might be. he hopes she's not the red head. music dwindles in the back of the room. food is passed around and the small chatter starts up once again.

tyler thinks about how he doesn't know a lot of his family members. aunts and uncles only a little and some cousins, here and there but nothing like how josh knows his family.
clinking of glass regathers everyone. king black swiping his hand toward the entrance.
"i would like to introduce my daughter  princess jenna black." a beautiful woman walks in. she's breathtaking. blonde hair flowing. eyes as sharp and blue as the never ending sky. the perfect pink settled over her cheeks.
"prince tyler," the king spoke turning to him. "meet your future wife."
and even though he knew this was coming his heart still turned to stone and dropped.