《10》

|tyler|

tyler walked back into the castle. the guards starring him down. sliver took over the guards wardrobe. one steps forward.

"your stepmother is looking for you, prince tyler." one says keeping his head down and then backing back into post.
"thank you." tyler quickly replies and makes his way up the gray stone steps.

as soon as he gets to the ball room his stepmother, queen victoria, was there.
"where did you get off to?" her cat like eyes fixed on him.
"nowhere special." he replies not looking at her.
"now don't you lie to me." she says stepping closer and grabbing tyler's face. "you know how much i hate liars, don't you?" she lets him go her eyes still on him.
"i went to the village." tyler holds his head high. disgust and hatred flashes across her face.
"it's not fit for you to go to the village."
"it's wrong for me to see the people of my kingdom?"
to defy her is to wish for death. others might be scared but i won't be.

"this isn't your kingdom until you get married and till then i am ruling, with your father being so sick."
"we will see." tyler retorts spite in his voice.
"we will have a ball to find you a wife, jenna black of the red kingdom is who you shall impress. or else."
"you can't force me." he yells at her as she turns her heals clicking against the cold marble floor.
"watch me. the masquerade will be in two weeks. be prepared."

~

laying on his bed, tyler wanted to let go.
being like this was horrid.
knocking comes from the other side of his wooden door.
"come in." he calls.
a maid walks in carrying a wicker basket.
"i heard about the arranged marriage." she says as she starts folding his clothes.
"there wasn't any mention about an arranged marriage, only that i had to start looking."
"oops. somethings just slip, silly ole me." giving him a knowing look.

what am i to do?