《18》

|josh|

the small boy ran home. tears flushed down his cheeks.
"he's gone! he's gone." josh sobbed to his mother.
"who's gone?" she asked sweetly taking josh and placing him into her lap. hiccups and coughs are all that fell out of his mouth.
"t-tyler-r." sniffing josh lifted his head.
"oh, sweetheart did you think he was going to stay?"
"yeah he's my best friend of course he should have stayed." confidence glazed over the young boys eyes.
"i'm sorry." his mother says kissing atop of his head. her special way of comforting him, but it only made josh cry harder.
"i-i want tyler back-k."
josh fell asleep crying.

the sun rose quickly and so did josh a new plan in mind.
"what are you doing?" his mother asked as she came to wake him up for breakfast.
"i have to leave." he stated pushing his clothes into a small satchel with the letter 't' scratched onto it.
"and why is that young man."
"tyler needs me."
"oh i see." his mother says coming over to help him pack.
"and what will you do when you get there?" she asks.
"i don't know." he says honestly fear creeping into his mind. he stops and tells his mom he doesn't need anymore help.

'i can't leave but one day he will come back and i will be waiting.'
josh thinks heading down for breakfast confidant that he will see his best friend again.

~
i hope that did seem to extreme but i was trying to remember how it felt when your friend left especially when your young.
|-/