《16》

|tyler|

the arrow hits the tree with a loud thud.
the hunter is still breathing.
josh didn't kill him

the pink headed man moves closer to the fearful hunter. "i suggest you don't follow us again. tell your employer that too."

he runs. only turning around to see if tyler and josh were following him.

"what was that all about?!" tyler turns to josh, hands on hips.
"i needed to get the message across. now if your done worrying mother, i'd like to continue the journey."
"hey! i wasn't worried." tyler says crunching his face and quickly following josh, as he walks away.
"sure." he laughs at tyler.

~

when josh stops walking the sun is about to set.
"here we are." tyler looks up to see a gigantic tree. roots diving in and out of the dirt. branches reaching to the sky. and a small house hidden between those branches.
"your treehouse, the one you wanted as a kid." tyler looks in awe.

the sun bounced off of the old wood. plants twirling and twisting up the sides of the treehouse. the dirty windows shining the light of the falling sun.
"come on." josh says grabbing tyler's arm and pulling him toward the tree.

inside was a cluttered mess. potions were everywhere. a bed placed on the opposite side of the desk. clothes hung out of a make shift dresser.
"this is amazing, how long did you take you to build?"
"only a year and a half, with helping mother and watching the shop."

after the tour of the treehouse the boys came down and the sun was gone completely.

the moon's light defining josh.
tyler reached out a grabbed josh's hand. warmth swarming around his chest. heat crawling to his cheeks.
the pink haired boy's calloused  thumb drawing circles around tyler's hand.

they held hands until the reached the castle doors.
pulling away from the warmth of the other. hoping one day they will hold the other again.

~
sorry about missing last weeks update school is almost over for me and i had so many finals last week. thank goodness it's will be over soon.