I'm not weak

Maya's POV :-

Fingers crossed , I look at the Principal hopefully .

You haven't finished your degree  . You still have 1 semester to complete it . Yet , you expect to grab this job Miss Mehra ? The Principal asks mockingly but I can sense him willing to give me an opportunity .....

Yes sir , Though I've a semester yet to complete for my graduation , I know the subjects perfectly fine to teach them . As you have already seen my records I can assure you that I'm perfectly fit for the job and i shall not disappoint you . But please give me one chance sir . I'm really in need of this job , I plead .

The Principal finally sighs . Okay Miss Mehra , I'll give you a chance . It will be a mock session of over a month .
You will have to teach english to class ninth students .

I grin at him showing my dimples for the offer before he interrupts my thoughts .

But I've to warn you miss that this batch of students are the bad rowdies of school . They neither fear their parents nor teachers .

Since most of the parents of that batch are benefactors of our school , management cannot do anything . So if you can cope up with them for atleast a month then your job will be made permanent with double your salary , he says making me frown .

Education has become a business now a days with the management thinking of profits and parents wanting only their child's degree rather than knowledge .

If I didn't want this job so much then I might have as well told this on principal's face but I'm in dire need of money ...

Deal sir , I agree .

He rings a bell and soon a peon comes inside .

Show Miss Mehra the school and especially 9 th grade .

Hearing ninth grades name , the peon pales . But nevertheless agrees .

Once outside Principal 's cabin , he introduces himself as Narayanamurty . He seemed to be a man in his early fifties . I nod my head and introduce myself as Maya .

He tours me around the school starting from the administration block , pre primary block , primary block , sports block , canteen , library and finally the high school block where supposedly rowdy student's class reside .

Madam ji , your next class is with 9 th standard students .

I nod my head preparing myself for taking a class . I'm not weak , I'm strong . Saying this mantra , I open the door of class room only to be hit by a paper rocket and few students laughter .

What the hell ? Wasn't there any teacher taking class before mine ?

I look around the class and find few students using their phones , some eating their lunch while some are even sleeping and also few playing with paper rockets .

This class so lags in discipline ....

I gather the remaining courage in myself and go inside the class .

Settle down students !! I scream with all my energy and it is then most of the students notice me .

Well , Atleast they noticed me . What a joy .....

Goodmorning class I'm Maya Mehra your new English teacher .

"As it's our first class why dont you guys introduce yourselves ? " I ask .

They all snicker . One student of first bench tries introducing himself when the guy behind him pushes him and he falls down making everyone laugh . Soon the whole class is in chaos .

Seeing the mess tears stung in my eyes . I just count the number of students . Seeing it's 30 which means the full strength is present , I tick all of them present and as soon as bell rings I make my way out .

So here is another looser teacher of class 9 th ,  I hear Mrs Mittal the head of teachers tell while few other faculty besides her laugh .

I walk away faster to control the tears that are threatening to fall down .

My first day has been officially ruined ....

I soon reach my hostel . Once inside my room I let the tears fall down freely as no one will judge me inside the sanctity of my room . I've my space .........

I need this job really bad and so I'll stick to my job . No matter what I'll teach this class of rowdies discipline . After all I'm not weak . I'm strong .....