Focus

Waiting for him to come , I start pacing in the waiting room where the receptionist asked me to wait till her boss comes .

Why am I struck here ? I groan .

Because you promised that beaten up man that you'll deliver the pendrive safely to it's owner , My mind mocked me .

Yesterday night that man asked me to safely deliver the pendrive to the boss @ Tanya buildings . Well , Tanya Buildings are famous buildings in Pune with respect to which a bus stop is also named .

As promised I came to this buildings at 8 wearing my lucky dress which happens to be a Bandini chudidaar with small bells on my chunni making sound when I move . But Mr Boss hasn't arrived yet making me fume in anger . First of all I missed my sleep because of a duty to deliver the pendrive safely and then he's late .....

" What the hell are you wearing ?" I hear a masculine voice . I cannot see him as my back is towards him . I think of turning when he continues without a break ...

" Don't you know it's against company rules to wear an unprofessional dress and what's with those bells ? Ugh... Who gave you this job ? "

Tears form in my eyes at his words . First of all I'm not his damn employee . Damn the professional ethics . How could someone be so rude and insensitive to comment on a girl's dressing ??

Controlling my tears , I turn around only for my breath to struck in my throat as I look at the person in front of me .

But he seems really unaffected and as a matter of fact raises his brow for me to speak . May be he doesn't remember me . After all it's already two weeks since that incident ......

" Sir , she's the girl waiting for you from past two hours ." The receptionist tells him and he nods forwarding his hand .

" Is he the Boss ? " I ask her though I've a pretty idea about him being the boss . The receptionist looks at me with panic struck face and nods her head while he looks amused and I'm getting pissed as the seconds tick .

I mean wasn't he the one who wanted to sleep with me ? Wasn't he the one to blackmail my father's reputation ? Wasn't he the one who started every damn thing related to us ? Then how can he forget me so easily ?

Giving a stop to my thoughts , I hand him the pendrive without a word and leave the room hurriedly .

Vikram's pov :-

As I watch her leave the room hurriedly , I feel guilty for shouting at her .

Yesterday after I came to know that Samrat has been hospitalized and he gave the pendrive to some girl , I've been cranky . Cannot blame me if my trustworthy investigator gets the evidence but looses it to some girl whom he claims to trust .

I mean I know that the girl saved his lifE but that doesn't mean that she's a pious soul . She can be another detective for heaven's sake .....

But I couldn't do anything rather than wait . I was so out of control that I took sleeping pills to catch some sleep before finding that girl .

When I woke up , I say several missed calls from the receptionist of my office . I called her back only to know that some girl wants to meet me and it's urgent . To say I was shocked would be an understatement . Where do you find such people now a days ?

Soon I take bath and reach the waiting room where the girl is supposedly waiting .

As I open the door I hear a light clinking of bells and that reminds of memories I don't want to remember . So I snap at her . I wait for her to turn and show me her face but she doesn't turn making me clench my jaw because I've never had people ignoring me .

But when she turns my world stops . I can't believe that I'm seeing Maya after a while two weeks . I wanted to smile or do any action to remind her that I remember her when an idea struck me .

I behave as if I don't remember her and she buys my act and looks angry .

When shE asks my receptionist if I'm the boss her attitude over shown and my challenge to make her mine only increased . Poor receptionist was so scared because no one insulted me like that but we are speaking of Maya here not anyone .....

Once let me solve my professional issue sweetheart then you'll be my only focus 💕