The night had never been so beautiful

Encre had been looking. Looking for something to put on his canvas and have the world admire it. He had imagined  glittering stars accompanied by the moon. Tall elagant, trees casting a ghasly shadow.  The thought was the spitting image of perfect but, something was missing. Maybe an animal would complete the scene. Encre walked into an opening. It was exactly what he had trapped in his mind! He whipped out his canvas, easel, and pencils. Before he began his sketch, Encre examined the scene with a close eye. He noticed that there was a bat hanging on the branch of a tree staring directly at Encre. He smiled at the creature and added it to his sketch.  Encre looked up to see if he had missed any details and saw that the bat was no longer on the tree but sitting on his easel. The creature had given him a slight jump but he relized the bats features. He had blue flame like streaks under his eyes encre added this to his sketch. Bats weren't usually this friendly with people and people didn't exactly like bats, killing them whenever they were found in fear they might be vampires. Encre didn't believe in such foolishness he had never seen let alone meet a vampire. They were simply fables. To himself he said with a chuckle, "there is no such thing as vampires!". In no more than a blink the bat was gone and in it's place a person with handsome features and a torn cloak. "Oh really last time I checked that wasn't true," he said to Encre smiling mischievously showing off his fangs. Encre stuttered dropping his pencil and falling backwards frozen stiff with fear Encre's heart pounded. Where had he gone wrong?