Chapter 14- Be Mine

Want to see a magic trick?

Look down, I meant down on your screen.... shift your eyes a little bit to the right....you see that tiny empty star sitting there....click it...once...ONLY ONCE.... did you do it?.... BOOM IT'S ORANGE ;)

Don't leave those little stars empty, in fact fill em up; they'll be more beautiful ;)

HOPE YOU ENJOY THIS CHAPTER!

~Bateel

*****

"Come on, Evelyn" a young gorgeous woman extends her hand to her 8 year old daughter so she can take it, she nods at the teacher standing in front of her with a bright smile as a "thank you" and they make their way towards their car.

"Wait" the teacher stops them before they start walking, "You forgot your name tag" she bends a little to reach the little girl's height and gently puts the name tag around her neck with a smile.

With that they both start walking to the car, a daughter with a confused face and a mother with a scared one.

"Mom" the little girl shakes her hand that's in her mother's hands so that she can get her attention, the mother looks at her with those warm eyes as a sign for her to continue, "Why does the name tag say Evelyn Collins?"

"Because that's your name darling" She looks away from her daughter hoping she wouldn't ask more questions, she has to live her life normally.

She has a different family name now.

The past stays in the past.

She can never know the truth.

*****

I swallow a lump as I stare at my best friend.

The best friend that never lost my trust, the one who knew everything about me is now looking at me with a hurt and disgust.

"Charlotte" I reach for her but she flinches away from my touch.

"Don't touch me" tears begin rolling down but she was furious, unfortunately I know that when Charlotte's mad, she has no limits towards her victim.

"I'm sorry" is really what I manage to tell her.

"Right" she nods her head once but the look of hurt never leaves her face, "I asked you to meet me here so I can tell you about my leave"

"What?" I furrow my eyebrows in confusion. She takes in a deep breath before she answers me.

"I'm leaving New York for good"

"Leav- leaving?" she nods her head at me but I just stare back.

She can't be serious, right?

"Why didn't you tell me before? To where? How?" I hit her with sudden questions but she calmly answers each one.

"You weren't exactly free to talk to, I'm leaving to France because my parents decided it's for the best" she shrugs her shoulders while hinting that I didn't make time for her.

"Wow" I wrap my arms around myself and stare at my broken hearted best friend.

"I'm sorry I didn't tell you, I couldn't-"

"Stop" she interrupts me when she holds her hand in front of my face, "I don't care, we'll talk about it when I come back from France"

"When are you leaving?"