Chapter 17- Alone

FOLLOW MY NEW WATTPAD INSTA ACCOUNT: Golden_sass_

If you follow me there, I'll follow back and like all your posts. I'll make sure to spam you :D

ENJOY <3

~Bateel xx

****

"Guys, are you okay?" I sit beside Sara on the couch while Kyle keeps pacing back and forth, "Guys!" I yell but no one answers.

After I blurted out "Mark Demolish", Sara almost died and Kyle just sat there silently staring at nothing in particular. Let's just say those two can't make a family and become parents otherwise their kids would go mambo.

"I'm sorry, Evelyn" I turn my head to the side to face Sara, "What were you saying?"

"Oh, um- nothing I just...what's going on? Do you guys know who Mark Demolish is?" I raise an eyebrow at both of them.

Kyle ignored my question but Sara looked like she's debating whether to tell me or not.

"It's nothing, we don't know him personally" she shrugs and looks away. I could tell something's off like she's lying or something.

I wanted to ask more but Kyle interrupted me, "Evelyn, go home, we'll talk about this later"

"Why?"

"Because I said so" he approaches me and pulls me from the couch towards the door.

"Kyle what the heck, at least tell me what's going to happen? This is a serious issue" I try to remove my arm from his grasp, but my brother is just too strong.

"I know it's a serious issue which is why I'm leaving it for the adults" he looks at me in the most serious face he has ever pulled on; to be honest it kind of scares me.

"Kyle, I can handle those stuff I'm not a baby" I manage to remove my arm from his hand and gently rub the spot he was holding so tight, "I'm staying"

"No you're not"

"Yes I am" I can feel Sara's hand rest on my shoulder. She assures me with a slight rub on my shoulder and a smile.

"Kyle I'm staying" I stomp on the ground furiously making Sara flinch.

"You're leaving" he opens the door for me and waits for me to make a move.

"But-"

"Go" he gestures towards the door with a blank face on.

I feel tears forming in my eyes as I walk outside of the door without looking at him. Right when my feet reach outside of their apartment I hear the door close.

I take in a deep breath and quietly sob as tears begin rolling down my cheeks. I walk out of the building into the streets of New York, silently crying.

I have no idea where I'm heading; I have no car, no ride, and no one to cry on.

I need some time alone to think, somewhere safe and quiet, somewhere-

The mountain.

I take the first cab I see and direct him to the place I'm heading. When we reach there I hand him a couple of bucks and excitedly get out.

I walk towards the place that once was romantic, that once got two people closer.

I inhale the cold air surrounding me and smile at the view across of me, and slowly walk towards the edge, gently sitting down with my legs dangling in the air.