Bestfriend or Boyfriend

Joey's POV:

Everything happens for a reason right?

Is it bad if you are slowly falling in love with your best friend? Yes? No?

Sorry. I'm asking too many questions but my life is just so complicated. Ever since middle school I started seeing my best friend as something more.

Every touch felt like fire. Every eye contact made my heart skip a beat. Every time she laughs my heart clenches. Every time she's gone I feel like a part of my heart is gone. She became my air and without it I would simply die.

If I could, I would ask her to be mine.

Sadly, I can't because someone else has claimed her. Stupid Jason. Stupid me for not getting to her first.

Then a loud ringing disrupted my train of thought and I answered it without looking at the contact name.

Phone call: J=Joey P=Person

J: "Uh...who's this?"

P: "It's Y/n."

She sobs into the phone. Wait why is she sobbing? Any other lingering thoughts left my mind as concern took over and I quickly sit up, alert. 

J: "What's wrong?"

P: "He-he broke up with me, Joey.
He said our relationship was a mistake."

My body tenses up as I hear her heartbroken voice. It takes everything in me to not drive over to where he is and give him a good beating for hurting my best friend but I control myself. She needs me first.

J: "I'm on my way."

Was all I said before hanging up.

End of phone call.

Your POV:

How could he? How could Jason say it was a mistake? No, this is not real.

It can't be.

Can it?

I sniffle and wipe my nose before thinking back to the call and how my best friend had immediately known something was wrong. At least I can count on Joey. I smile just thinking about him.

Honestly...I only dated Jason so I could get that green eyed boy out of my head—which is wrong, I'll admit.

But.

Joey, my best friend. He'll always be my closest friend but I don't want to be just friends. I want to be more. I want Joey to hold me. Whisper sweet nothings into my ear. I want to feel those pink plump lips, but I can't because if I confess my feeling and he doesn't feel the same then it would ruin our friendship. And that's scary, just thinking about completely not having him in my life.

Suddenly I hear a tap at my window and I know it's him. "Hey Joseph." I say and gave him a sad smile.

When he's fully in my room he envelopes me in a warm and comforting bear hug. Fire spreads through my chest and my heart clenches. This is what I need. I need him. I need Joey.

He slowly picks me up and silently lays me on the bed before getting in with me. I rest my head on his chest and listen to his slow heart beat as his chest goes up and down with his breathing. Joey just softly plays with my hair and it soothes me. My tense muscles instantly relaxed from his touch.

"Thank you." I say quietly to him. I look up at him and he looks down at me.

"Why are you thanking me? I'm just doing my job. Keeping my girl safe and happy." My heart skips a beat when I hear him say 'my girl'. He soon realizes what he had said and his eyes widen in shock.

"Oh I mean—"

"Joey I have to tell you something." I hurriedly cut him off. Just say it Y/n. He looks at me as if to tell me to go on.

"I-I like you Joey. More than a friend should. I want you...no. I need you." I feel wet droplets come out of my eyes and my vision starts to blur.

"Y/n I like you too." He said in a hushed voice as he wiped away my tears.

"Y/n, would you make me the happiest person alive and let me call you mine?" All of the air inside of my lungs was gone. Shock was evident on my face but was then taken over with a bright smile.

"Yes Joey. Of course I will."

And that's how my best friend became my boyfriend.

( edited )