Confrontations

Bruce POV

"What do you mean? How could you make me forget? What do you mean by "everyone"?" I asked worriedly. "I had no choice!" He exclaimed and stood up from his chair. "Just tell me what happened," I said calmly. He sighed and sat down, "About four months ago you sent the team and I on a mission. We were in the forest. Kaldur told me to go up in the trees, Wally scouted ahead, M'gann flew above the trees, and everyone else was on the ground below me. I heard some rustlings above me so I climbed higher. At the very top I saw M'gann but no one else. She heard something too. Suddenly she was hit from behind and she toppled through the trees. I think Conner or someone caught her. Anyways, I turned around and it was dozens of highly trained men. I couldn't handle them all on my own. They got some very good hits in. Eventually I think they stabbed me in the chest. That part is a little blurry. I fell through the tress. KF caught me and I was rushed to Mount Justice for treatment. It was bad, very bad. I fell into a coma. I remember M'gann brought everyone into my head and they went through a lot of my memories. Then I died but Wally resuscitated me."

Dick paused and continued, "Then everything got worse. Next month I was allowed back into the field but you all were watching my every move. You wouldn't let me go on patrol, assigned pathetic missions, and everyone treated me like absolute trash. It got worse and worse until a month later. You and the Team were waiting for me when I entered Mount Justice. I was voted off the team and suspended from being Robin permanently. You fired me. It was unjust and controlling. I knew it was all because of my injury three months ago. I can handle myself." He was pissed at me. I could tell at how he glared at me. "I was so mad at you so I went to the Watchtower. I decided to get Martian Manhunter to erase everyone's memories of the last four months. He said if I proved I could handle myself by taking him down he would do it. I took him down. MM kept his promise and did it. He closed his eyes but when he opened them he had no clue what was going on. It had worked that well."

Dick sighed, "I tested it out. I asked everyone questions and no one knew that I was injured a few months ago or that I was fired or that we were usually given pathetic missions. I got all the video footage of the last four months and hid it in my room at the mountain so that no one would ever know what happened but I kept the footage in case something bad happened." I stared at him shocked. "Oh my, Master Dick," I heard Alfred from behind me. Apparently he had been there the entire time. Dick them glared at me, "You can't kick me off the team. I'm better now and I am not a pathetic little kid who can't handle being a hero." He did all of this work because we treated him like a child. I won't ever do that again. "Well, I promise I won't treat you like a kid anymore. I guess now we need to have the sex talk if I'm treating you like an adult now. Oh, and your rent is three hundred dollars per month," I said jokingly to bring up his spirits. He let out a cackle and smiled. 

Then I sighed, "Slade is coming after you. He knows who you are. We need to protect you." I had an idea that he will most likely hate. He must have read my mind, "No." "Dick..." I began. "Not a chance!" he exclaimed. "Please," I began. Dick stormed up the stairs towards the manor, "Don't even think about it!"