Protecting the Wayne's Part 2

Bruce POV
"You picked him?" I stated incredulously as I watched Wallace run around the cave in excitement. Dick smirked at me, "You said I could tell any one of them." "Did you do this because he is your best friend or to annoy me?" I asked. "A little bit of both," Dick admitted. "This is epic!" Wally cheered and ran over.

Author Note
I've got writer block. I've gotten some requests for BIRDFLASH. Do you want that or not?

I glared at Wally menacingly, "Our secret identities are to remain secret. One word from your mouth and your uncle will never find your body." Wally nodded and slowly stepped behind my son for cover.

Author Note: Thanks @callabpama for the idea he commented in the last chapter and thanks to everyone who voted for Birdflash!

Wally POV
Now I feel really bad about calling all rich people snobs. I really only said that because generally they aren't nice.

He lead me upstairs into his giant living room. "Okay, you've got to pretend that you don't know me well. Just so you know I might act a little differently so they don't recognize me," Dick explained. I nodded and then the doorbell rang. I heard someone open the door and then a crash. "That isn't the team," I said.

We ran towards the front door. I saw Alfred, whom I was introduced to earlier, fire a shotgun at a guy in an orange and black mask. "Slade," Dick growled out. "Hello Renegade," the man said sickly. Dick looked just as confused about the name as I was but we just glared at the man. I got the evil villain vibe from this dude.

No POV
"I suggest you leave Flash boy unless you want to get hurt," Slade said menacingly. Wally didn't move. Dick suddenly grabbed Wally's wrist and swung him nearly twelve feet away. The bullet that was aimed for Wally hit Dick in the left shoulder. "Now you've injured my apprentice!" Slade exclaimed as he glared at Wally. Slade knew that Robin was Dick Grayson so Dick didn't hold back. Dick tackled him to the ground and punched him in the nose.

CLIFFHANGER

JK I'm not that mean!

Ten Minutes Later
"Hello?" M'gann asked. She walked into the Manor with the team behind her. It was dark in the main hall and no one was around. The team assumed the door was open for them. "No one is here," Artemis said. Aqualad turned on the lights, "Because there was a struggle." Knives were stuck in walls, blood was dripped on the floor, and items were knocked over.

Wally POV
I woke up clad in my Kid Flash uniform in a cage. Laying beside me to my right was Dick but he was in costume. He was wearing it under his clothes so during the fight he ditched his over clothes and put on a mask in case other villains showed up. I remember watching Dick fight before trying to help before being knocked out myself. I felt something wet on my right hand. I hurriedly looked at Dick. I forgot about the bullet wound in his left shoulder! I don't have any materials to fix it up though. "Hey! Slide! Slouch! Whatever your name is! You said you wanted an apprentice! You won't have one if he dies!" I screamed into the darkness surrounded the cage. A roll of gauze was thrown through the bars. I picked it up and walked back to Robin. "Don't die on me," I pleaded.

Authors Note: Save Ourselves is book 3!