7 ;

a/n sorry for the wait :-( thanks to my homie CosmicTaekook who sent me the pic saying itd match the fic perfectly cause my feels

jeongguk's house
2:13am
sunday

Jeongguk was lost. He was not able to sleep that night, just like je wasn't able to the night before. He was thinking about Taehyung and what happened too much.

On saturday morning, after Jeongguk had spent a sleepless night on his couch, not able to go back upstairs and see Taehyung, the frenchie was acting like nothing happened a few hours earlier but still acted distant enough for Jeongguk to feel bad.

The brunet was not, like, making a big deal out of it : it was weird, yes, but it wasn't like they made out or anything. Taehyung just kind of attacked his neck for no reason. The younger boy felt bad, because Taehyung had a boyfriend, but it wasn't like he cheated.

Jeongguk groaned and turned around in his bed again, grabbing his phone on the night-stand. He groaned when his screen lit up too brightly, announcing 2:14 am like a mockery.

Looks like I can give up on sleep for tonight.

***

10:23 am
sunday

Jeongguk entered the kitchen, his eyes puffy and half-closed because of the little time of sleep he got. He was greeted by his parents chatting while his mother was reading the newspaper.

" 'Morning." he groaned, sitting at the table and pouring himself a cup of coffee.

"Morning, son !" his father exclaimed with a too-cheery voice. "How come you look so bad on this fine morning ?"

Mrs Jeon bursted out laughing, slapping his husband's arm slightly. "Don't be mean to your son, Seungnam."

Jeongguk grinned, pleased that his parents were still getting along so well after 30 years of being together. "Don't worry mom, I do look like i got run over by a truck. I slept like, two hours."

Haeun raised her eyebrows while sipping on her coffee, surprised. "How come ?"

"Oh, no reason."

His parents nodded but Jeongguk saw his mother giving him a suspicious look. Apparently, he wasn't getting away so easily.

***

Jeongguk was sitting at his desk a few hours later, chem book and sheets scattered in front of him while he was having a try guys marathon. It gave him the illusion to study. (a/n literally what i'm doing right now). Mrs Jeon entered her son's bedroom quietly and sat on the bed.
Jeongguk turned around, looking curiously at his mother.

"What do you want ?" he asked, trying not to sound rude. Mrs Jeon softly smiled. "I'm kind of worried, honey. Is everything alright ? It's not like you to sleep so little."

Jeongguk smiled softly. "Yes mom, I'm okay. Thank you."

"Are you sure ?"

"Well," Jeongguk said, half blushing already. "There's this boy..." His mother screeched and jumped a little on the bed. "I knew it, I knew it ! Is it french boy ?"

Jeongguk laughed, burrying his face in his hands in embarrassment. "Yes, it's french boy."

"Well, that's amazing !!" Jeongguk sighed. "No, it's not."

"Why not ? Don't tell me that boy is straight, I saw him with my own two eyes and-"

"He's not straight, he has a boyfriend."

Mrs Jeon's mouth fell into a small frown. "Oh. Well, that sucks. Do I know him ?"

"No, he's some french guy." Jeongguk said, messing with his sweater sleeves. His mother got up, and leaned down slightly, wrapping her arms around his shoulders.

"Is my little baby boy heart broken ?" she said in a cringy-aegyo voice.

"What- Mom ! No !" Jeongguk exclaimed, embarrassed. "It's just- he's giving me mixed signals. He- he's touchy and he holds my hand and all."

Haneul looked at his son, smirking deviously.

"This french boy wants your baguette !"

***

okay i know it sucks im sorry
literally the lamest filler ever
but i needed it to continue the story
thanks for almost 900 reads its crazy!!!!
love to my box CosmicTaekook for the joke at the end