Tuesday 7th March 2017

It's the day after you were admitted to hospital and we are all still reeling from the news you have type 1 diabetes,we are all worried sick,I have hardly slept I was tossing and turning all night as was your nannie and your poor mummy has still not slept,she has not left your side from the minute you were admitted to hospital.

You are still sleeping,obviously due to the severity of your condition,it's hard to take in because you never just lie there like that you are always active like a whirlwind,always on the go but you are absolutely exhausted and very poorly so mummy Just lies on the bed with you with her arm around you waiting for her boy too wake up,she just wanted to hear you speak again and say "mumma"like you always do,but you needed to get your strength back first.

Nannie and grandad went to visit you and your mummy had warned them to prepare themselves because you had lots of machines around you,they were desperate to see you,they told me later that day they walked into the high dependency unit and there you both were in a room on your own because you were so poorly and they saw you hooked up too all kinds of machines and your mummy laying next to you on the bed and they said it was a pitiful sight,there youngest child and there youngest grandchild just looking so sad and bereft,they both broke down on seeing you both and then your mummy cried on seeing them both there,very emotional times.

You didn't wake up at all whilst nannie and grandad were there,grandad sat next too you and said the thing he has said to you every time he sees you or speaks to you on the phone which always got you exited and you would run away and hide he said "I'm coming too get you"or as grandad actually says it "I'm tumming to get you",but you didn't respond you lay there like sleeping beauty,you didn't even flinch,no shrieks,no smile,no grin,no shaking with excitement,you just lay there very still..........