we are getting there

Well little man it's nearly two weeks since you were admitted too hospital and oh boy what a difference two weeks can make,you are back too your old self,being mischievous and dancing in front of the tv too your favourite songs,we should of known you would adapt so well and not fretted as we did but it's only because we love you so very much!.

Mummy is doing exceptionally well albeit it with hardly any sleep as she has to wake at 11pm then 2am then 4am too check your bloods as instructed by the hospital so she is getting around four hours sleep per night she looks exhausted but she just plods on because that's what mummys do,i think she only has to do it a few more weeks then she can have a full nights sleep again.

I had some fantastic pictures of you at the park!,going down the slide and on the swings,silly "aunt race"cried of course but with joy because you were so happy and had a huge smile on your face your just loving life and it made me so happy,hard to believe you were the same child that was lying lifeless on the bed in hospital two weeks ago so poorly,but this is you and always has been your a very strong and determined child nothing gets you down and if it does you get right back up again.

Mummy takes you out for plenty of exercise as its very important you get that now,she is very good at giving you the insulin now and she knows exactly what to give you too eat,you have to have carbohydrates with every meal you eat,it costs alot more the food mummy buys now but she doesn't mind as long as it's the right food for you that's all that matters,a side effect though is your appetite has Increased massively,everytime i speak to mummy on the phone I hear you from a distance saying you want something from the fridge or cupboards,the nurse said it should soon pass though.

I was astounded last night by you little man,mummy sent me a video of you whilst she was giving you the insulin,she had told me previously you lift your vest up without even being asked when mummy says you have to have insulin that alone just blew me away but to see you calmly sat on the bed holding your vest up with a smile on your face while mummy puts the insulin in your tummy just made me beam with pride,you astound me my love you are wonderful,you looked right in mummys eyes the whole time.

You never cry ever when you have your insulin and it can't be nice having your stomach pricked all those times per day and your finger to check your blood,I honestly thought you may kick and scream and really cry but no,you never make a fuss,you and mummy are a good team!,you are off to visit nannie and grandad tommorow they are so excited to see you and and I know you will be excited to see them too,mummy wants a hug off nannie I think she Cant wait for that as its been a hard two weeks and mummy has no family where you live as we are nearly all in the same town away from you both,but you are moving closer to us all soon we hope.

I'm hoping to see you tommorow too before i go to work i'm hoping to call at nannies to see you,and you know what that means don't you?tight hugs and lots of wet sloppy kisses from aunty!,i know i'm sorry but i have to do it im afraid,your too cute and also i've missed you!we will make the most of it before i have to leave for work,you will have to come to my house when I have a day off from work hey that will be fun?.

I love you my darling keep on being brave and doing as mummy tells you and you will be just fine okay my love,"aunty race" is going to learn how to give you insulin too i'll try to be strong and brave and do it correctly of course and nannie is going to learn too,i think it's important we are all able to do it as a time may arise when we have too it can't just be mummy who knows how to do it,i'm sure you will be just fine though we are all a team!we will get through it that's what families do.

Take care "F"keep doing what your doing your amazing!,i'm so proud of you and i'll see you soon......I love you!!!!!.