Sunday 12th march

Well I have had the best day and can not stop smiling,and it's all because of you my darling nephew,today is aunt races birthday and I got the best present in the whole world,diamonds?flowers?money?a trip of a lifetime?
no I don't care about material things the present I got means more than any amount of money or diamonds or holiday or flowers or anything else,I got a big smile from you!,after a teary day for silly aunty yesterday I got some pictures off mummy of you looking amazing and smiling and laughing and I could not be happier.

You also wanted to speak to aunt race so mummy called me and I finally got to speak to you and my heart skipped a beat,here we were like we always were chatting on the phone,I asked if you were okay and as you were speaking to me my eyes were filling with tears but happy tears not sad tears,it was so good to hear your cute little voice again even though you were a little croaky due to your cold,that call meant more to me than anything it was the best birthday present ever!!!,and to top it off I got a "I love you" at the end of our chat before you gave the phone to mummy,I feel settled now and no need to worry anymore.

Mummy has mastered the art of checking your blood and administrating the insulin via the pen,she tells me it does not bother you one bit each time she does it,I think it bothers mummy more as she fears you will think she is hurting you but that's not you is it you would not think that,you love mummy and you know she would never hurt her baby,I cant say I'm suprised your so good about it because you always bounce back don't you my love you are a warrior a trooper so I know from this day forward you will be just fine.

Mummy had the brilliant idea of placing a sticker or two on your insulin pen so that you would associate it with fun characters you like rather than something to fear,you will think of those characters every time you see mummy with pen in hand,you are both doing great in only a few days you have both adjusted well to the big change in your lives and you have embraced it as you embrace everything but as they say children are very adaptable anyway.

I will always look out for you and I will always be here for you,you are my little pal and I look forward too many years of good times spent together,I'm so glad I have you in my life you have changed the lives of many members of the family and there is so much love surrounding you,the mere mention of your name and our hearts skip a beat,you are loved!and we are blessed.......