Chapter 5

Chapter Five- Forgive But Don't Forget

Makeila

"Makeila, I know the dress is going to come out just right, I wanna thank you for bringing our vision to life." My client Keisha expresses, as her, her husband and I are walking out of the show room. I just finished showing them the outline of their wardrobe for their ceremony.

"Oh no problem, it's my job to make sure you are satisfied with everything." I assure to her.

"We appreciate it." Her husband, Vaughn says before gently grabbing at her arm. "Let's hurry outta here, we gotta go see mama and make sure she's okay."

"Alright baby." Keisha smiles. "We'll we see you next week Makeila."

"Alright love."

The two of them then walk away and disappear out of the hall, I take a deep breath as I hold my binder close to my chest and begin my journey back to my office. I am happy to be done with the meeting and that my other one is not until two hours, then I can finally go home and be with my babies. It's been a few days since I spent some quality time with my husband, since he's been trying to get information out of the streets concerning Chanelle. Tonight, is when I'm going to make him stay home.

"Mrs.Walton?" I hear a males voice, that startles me, making me drop the key I just got out of my pocket to open the door. I turn around to see Mr.Baxter.

"My bad, did I scare you?" He ask, picking up my key.

"You did actually." I giggle. "But it's okay, how's your day going."

He gives me my key and straigten out his freshly pressed suit. "I'm doing good, do you have a response for Mr.Mareau."

"Um, I don't have one yet, because I haven't made a final decision. My husband and I is still contemplating on it." I state, although Zayn told me that I couldn't except the job offer in New York, I'm still having faith that he will have a change heart about it.

"Alright, are you excited about the offer?"

"Of course, it delights my spirit every time I think about it. I think it's going to be a great experience for me, if I do go through with it." I explain.

"It is, you'll love it! I just came to check up on everything but it's good to see you and I'm proud." He holds his hand out for shake.

I grasp it while grinning happily, I am thankful of his support. "Thank you so much!"

"Girl....he just said I can't go." I say to my friend Kaira, as Im on the phone with her.

"But why not?! This would be a great ass come up for you."

"I know...but he said we got too much going on here. I'm hoping his stubborn ass change his mind, you know he usually never says no to me. But I'ma have to talk to you later, I gotta go through these sketches."

"Alright girl, call me when you get home." She says.

"I will boo, bye." I hang up the phone and begin to look through my notebook filled with my designs, that I have yet to get to.

Suddenly, a knock presses against my door and Jelissa opens it, standing in the door way. I look back down at my sketches as she begins to speak."Hey Keila, a young woman is here to see you."

"Okay bring her in." I demand, before sliding my chair over to my computer since I just received an Email.

Moments go by and I hear Jelissa tell hear that she can enter my office, the door then closes.