Chapter 3~Too close

Chapter 3 : Too close

As we walk to the café, I noticed my mom stealing a few glances at me.

I pretended like I didn't notice.

My mom led me to the opening at the same café that Lucas and Luke killed the other guy at.

"This place looks deserted. Are you sure we're supposed to be here, mom?" I asked.

"Of course! The sign doesn't say closed right?" she asked slightly smirking.

I nodded in agreement and walked toward the door at Le Café Delgado. Mom seems really REALLY unlike her usual self.

She kicked the door open and walked to the backroom. She got the things to make coffee, including two cups. I got some croissants from one of the kitchens.

I walked to a couple's table and sat down. I took a bite out of one of the croissants and slowly chewed.

Mom came back holding two cups of coffee. She passed one to me. I sipped a little and immediately threw up.

"Mom?! What the duck did you put in here?!" I screamed. (A/N lololol duck hehe)

"Well, I put caffeine, sugar, milk, mold, and orange juice!" she chirped.

"It's my favorite," she said licking her lips. I took another bite of my croissant.

I went to the backroom and made myself some coffee. I put a little caffeine, a lot of sugar, and 5 teaspoons of milk.

I took a sip and smiled in approval. I walked back to the doorway but I heard talking.

"Yeah, boss. Don't worry. I'll kill him in this haunted café. What? No! Of course he doesn't know I tied up his real mother and threw her in the closet!" my mom said over her phone emphasizing the word 'real."

Or at least I thought she was my mom. But, apparently not.

I gasped, then my hair shadowed my eyes. I walked back in smiling. A fake smile. A very fake smile.

"Hey mom!" I chirped. I sat down and took another bite of this super yummy croissant and sipped some coffee.

"Dooon't beliieeve her!" said a ghostly voice. I looked around and saw no one, except my mom and me, of course.

I stood up and mom growled and stood up too.

"Sit down sweetie we're not done with our coffee!" chirped mom in an obviously annoyed tone.

I sat down and she walked behind me. She began to massage my shoulders and shiz.

"Percy, son, I know you're as stressed as I am. Just let me massage your back and shoulders for a bit," said mom soothingly.

"But m-" I tried to argue but she snarled and I immediately kept my mouth shut.

I began to hear some weird noises. My mom was just humming with her eyes closed and she didn't realize I turned around.

I saw her face had gotten hairy, she had big leathery wings, hairy arms, and very, VERY sharp teeth.

I quickly turned around and decided to break the uncomfortable silence.

"M-mom? I need to use the restroom," I stuttered out.

"No. You. WILL. Stay. Here," she said anger lacing her voice. I squeaked in response.

As her hands were on my back, I felt claws carefully clawing at my shoulders.

I jumped out of nowhere and pointed at her.

"I know you aren't my mom! Why did you tie up my mom and throw her in the closet?!" I demanded.

"Heh," she said as her hair shadowed her eyes. She lunged at me and tried to scratch me.

Wait. She has 8 hands like an octopus and 16 claws? Weird.

Hey. Sorry this took so long. My imagination was running low and I needed something to recharge it. Then, I thought of my other stories and an imaginary lightbulb appeared above my head. Why don't I make this chapter based on Percy's mom being held against her will. Thanks a lot for reading my story at all! Anyway, that's it for now.
Much love 💗 ✌
Word count: 670
Mari~ out!