Chapter 6~Nightmares (Part 1)

Chapter 6 : Nightmares (Part 1)

"This is my month," Mom sighed. "Okay Percy, if you'd like, you can sit this one out since you most likely can't activate your powers yet."

"No! I want to help you! I can help, I promise!" I shouted. She hesitated a little before nodding.

We ran out of the room and found a somewhat small hairy beast with spikes coming out of its back.

When it saw us, it hissed, and some sort of green acid flew out of its mouth. I jumped to the side, because if I stayed where I was, I would've been hit by the acid.

"Let's get this over with," mom mumbled, getting into a fighting stance.

A green fireball flew out of her hand and managed to hit the monster in the face.

It stumbled back a bit, until my mom threw a big blue fireball, aiming for his stomach, which knocked him out cold.

"Okay son, to learn to activate your powers, you have to think a thought of someone you want to avenge," she explained quickly.

"Um, okay, but who should I think of?" I asked, tapping my chin.

"What about your little sister who was accidentally shot instead of Cory during the carnival?" she asked, looking at the monster who looked like he was going to wake up any second now.

"Oh yeah! Wait, who's Cory?" I asked, squeezing my eyes shut.

"Cory is my crazy brother who is now in an insane asylum. The FBI has been looking for him for years, and were planning to shoot him until they shot little Mari," she cried softly. "They decided to just put him in an insane asylum."

(A/N no, that's not me, I just couldn't think of a name.)

"Oh, I'm so sorry mom," I choked out. "But, no tine for flashbacks. Let's do this."

I kept my eyes screwed shut and looked in the deepest, darkest parts of my mind.

Suddenly, a picture of Mari (I swear this isn't me, this Mari looks totally different. She's pretty, and I'm not 👍.) appeared in my head.

Her big, gray eyes, soft light brown hair, and that sweet, sweet innocent smile.

Then, something just snapped inside me. I suddenly didn't want her to die in vain.

A white light encircled me, and after, I didn't feel like myself anymore.

I looked at mom, who was trying to figure out what just happened.

"WOW PERCY, YOU'RE A SHAPE-SHIFTER. THAT'S REALLY RARE OH MY G THIS IS REALLY HAPPENING WOWWY-WOW-WOW!" she squealed.

The monster immediately woke up and lunged at us. I looked at a mirror and saw I looked exactly like the monster.

"Heheheheh," I snickered. "I have a plan."

I asked mom if she currently had lipstick.

"No, but I can summon it for you. Why do you need lipstick anyway?" she asked, still throwing punches at the monster.

"I have a plan," I repeated. She nodded in understanding and quickly summoned cherry red lipstick.

She threw it, and I managed to catch it. I messily put some on and chucked it back to mom.

"Thanks," I said quickly. She nodded as I whistled to get the monster's attention.

It looked at me funny, like I was some kind of different species or something.

Oh wait, I am.

It ran towards me with heart eyes while reaching out. It reached me rather quickly, but it was all part of my plan.

I signaled signaled mom to summon something and hit it on its back. Hard.

"It would be better if you hit his weak-spot," I whispered to mom.

She looked at me weird.

"Where is that? And how did you know it had a weak spot? Let alone where it was?" she asked while summoning a sledgehammer.

"Ow that's going to hurt," I winced. "Oh, I'm the monster, mom. I basically know everything about it now. It's on his lower back."

When picked up the hammer, she nodded once at me. I took that as my signal to run away from the monster unexpectedly.

It looked at me and cried, reaching out with one hand. Not even a second later, it fell face first and mom was standing behind it.

She dropped the sledgehammer and ran over to me.

"Are you okay?" she asked while patting my whole face with both hands.

"Yes mom, I'm fine," I sighed and morphed back into my usual form.

"Thanks a lot mom," I said, hugging her slightly.

She hugged back. "Why?"

"For teaching me to use my powers."

"Oh.... Then, you're welcome."

Hey guys! I an sososososososososoSO sorry I didn't update earlier or any of my other books in general. Thanks for being patient with my laziness and me. Well, technically, I wasn't being lazy for ALL that time. I actually lost my phone. And a special shoutout to my sister, Haii_xXX , for finding it for me. Again, THANKS SO MUCH I LOVE YOU (not really). Anyway, that's it for now. Thanks a bunch for even reading this book.
Until next time
Much Love 💚✌
Word count: 856
Mari~ out!