Chapter 5~Discoveries

Chapter 5 : Discoveries

I screwed my eyes shut, preparing for the impact. When my mom's hand reached my face, it felt like one of my mom's cat's fur.

"Percy Leah Fay!" she began. Man, I HATE it when she says my full name, which is rare. "Where in the world were you?! I was worried about you because you were in the bathroom for so long! I thought you fell in the toilet!"

"Well, I'm here now," I said smiling weakly. She sighed in frustration, and sat down in her seat next to me.

"Let's just eat the chicken noodle soup. And while we're at it, let's NOT hide from each other, please," said mom.

Suddenly, Muffin came out of nowhere from my room. She came up to me and began purring on my leg.

I shivered. "Muffin? What were you doing in my room?" I asked looking at her. She stared at me with those black beady eyes of hers.

"Percy, son, I think it's time for me to let you in on a little secret," said mom looking down nervously.

"What?" I asked in disbelief. "When did you ever keep secrets from me? I thought every time you had a secret, you would tell me!"

"Percy," she began sucking in air through her teeth. "I've kept a lot of secrets from you, and I have my reasons."

I stared at her for a long time. When did she start keeping secrets from me? And why?

"Percy, don't get mad at me, please. But I only kept secrets because I was afraid that you would tell your father," she explained shivering.

I nodded. She looked at me long and hard, as if studying me. She sighed in defeat and began to tell me everything she never has told me.

"Okay, I know this may sound unrealistic to you son, but I am a superhuman. Believe it or not, I am. I, too, find it weird that a superhuman is married to the murderer of superhumans. It's crazy right?!" she said telling another one of her many secrets.

"Yeah, but I believe you. Mom, if I told you I was a superhuman too, would get mad at me? Or tell dad on me?" I asked my voice cracking. Mom's eyes had a certain little gleam of excitement.

"Oh my! This is great! You got that from my parents' and my side!" she exclaimed. "Let's go to my room after we finished eating, okay?"

I nodded and drank a spoonful of the delicious liquid in the meal. I licked my lips and began to devour the food, including some of the plate.

Then, I burped. "Sorry mom. But in some countries, burping means the food was good!" I said smiling goofily. She smiled back and took both of our plates to the dishwasher.

"Let's go!" I yelled adventurously and ran to mom's room. I clicked on the website that my cursor was on and waited until the page loaded.

When it loaded, I saw an article about superhumans having their eyes change color at least every week.

Another article said,'Superhumans have one power that comes randomly. Once a month, a monster will attack them due to their abnormal scent. Occasionally, if they're lucky, a god/goddess will be on their side and help them. If not, then it will help the monster, using the monster's body as a host, each monster worse than the last.'

"Oh wow," I whispered. I turned and saw mom standing by my side, staring at the screen.

"It's no wond-," she began until I cut her off.

"You knew all this? And you never told me? How come?" I demanded.

"Well," she began sighing. "I already told you. I was afraid that if I told you, you would tell your father, and God knows how bad this will end for me."

Suddenly, there was a loud bang at the door. Mom didn't look surprised, but I sure was. Then, the door broke down.

"Where are you? Come out, come out, wherever you are! I don't want to play these silly games anymore!" shouted a gruff voice.

Mom sighed. "I forgot to mention," she said. I looked at her confused.

"This is my month."

Hello! So this is chapter 4, and I promise I will update My Fiery Tutor, Assassin in Training (Book 1), and My Revenge (Book the 1st). I'm also sorry if the title (heh turtle) for Assassin in Training is kind of boring. I wasn't being creative. LOL. Anyway, that is all for now.
Blessings 💛
Word count: 768
Mari~ out!