Fighting for Eachother

Izaya POV

I was spending time with my family, when I heard Shizuo's choked calls of my name. I thought it was just my imagination at first, but by the second time I knew something was dangerously wrong with my body. The only problem........I didn't know how to get back. Much less fight the devil from possessing my body. I could feel my fingers gripping Shizuo's neck tightly. I wanted it to stop. He-I was going to kill him! I wouldn't be able to live with myself if that happened. He had noticed me, cared for me, he had tried for me. Been there for me when nobody else was. And I wasn't going to just throw that all away because I was lacking information. I stood, looking around for any sign of an exit back to my body. There was only land and more land. I sighed in frustration and looked to the house with my Mother rocking in the rocking chair. Suddenly, I felt a small tug on my pant leg and looked down to find Kururi pointing towards a forest. I knelt down to her level and looked towards the forest in confusion. "What? What is it Kururi?" I asked gently, hopeful that I could return to Shizuo. "Lights!" She exclaimed excitedly, smiling very softly and looking towards the forest. I looked closely and could see a very faint glow of lights through the trees. I smiled and hugged her closely. "Thank you." I murmered before pulling away and standing once more. I ran towards the gate leading to those trees. I unlocked it and stepped through, walking up the small hill and entering the trees. It was very strange. There were small floating clusters of light that were following a path. I ran, following them and finally finding a whirlpool of water going through the ground. I stood on the ledge, my fear of water very prominent in my head. I couldn't swim, so jumping into a whirlpool of water wasn't exactly appealing to me. I knew I had to do this. Shizuo was going to die. I took a couple of deep breaths and finally jumped, landing in the direct center of the pool.

Shizuo POV

I was gasping and choking for air, my lungs burned and I clawed desperately at the invisible force. I began seeing black at the edges of my vision and everything that wasn't black was beginning to get blurry. I surely thought that Izaya was truly gone until, suddenly the force pulled away and I fell back to the ground, coughing and wheezing to take in the air that I could finally breathe. I put my hand to my throat as my vision slowly returned to normal. I looked up to see Izaya holding his head and stumbling around the room. I tried to stand but was quite shaky as I tried to walk towards my raven. I was scared that Izaya had gone, and now I had to see if he was actually him standing there. Izaya scratched at his arm until it bled, leaving huge gashes down from right below his wrist to almost touching his inner elbow. His eyes glowed and then finally returned to their crimson color. He began to collapse to the ground and I ran forward and caught him before he hit the floor. I set him carefully on the bed and I sat by him and pet his head, awaiting him to wake up again. I was really worried about him, nothing like this had ever happened and I had no clue what was going on in his head. Something like the devil had possessed him! That was terrifying. I finally saw his crimson eyes open once more as he looked up at me in confusion. "S-shizu-chan?" He asked in question, sitting up slowly. "What happened?" He asked, before noticing the bruises that were beginning to form on my neck. "Shizu-chan!" He exclaimed in worry, staring wide-eyed at the purple beginning to form.

"No no. Iza I'm fine. Wait...... do you remember what happened? With the devil? Did you make some sort of deal!?" I asked, my thoughts only worrying me more.

"W-well.......I...." He stuttered, not able to calmly answer that question.

"You did!? Izaya!" I gasped angrily. "Do you have any idea what could've happened!? What he could've done!?" I asked incredilously.

"Yes alright!? I know exactly what could've happened! I weighed every option. But you know what!? I wanted to see my family again Shizu-chan! Is that so much of a crime!?" He yelled in frustration. I was taken aback by this, only now realizing that I had no idea what the devil could've given him in return. I then sighed and took his hand sympathetically.