A strange feeling & a Nightmare

Izaya POV

Nighttime was descending upon the sun quite quickly as time seemed to pass quicker than usual. I was incredibly busy still with work in my study. I finally decided that I would finish after sending out one more email. I clicked open the message and began writing.

Dear client,

I have found some info on this alleged Izaya Orihara. There have been some rumors that he has moved recently. He used to stay in Shinjuku according to his neighbors. However, no one has seen him there for quite a while. Oh, and furthermore his public enemy Shizuo and him haven't been seen fighting in Ikebukuro either. I assume either Izaya dissapeared, or they made peace and went separate ways.

~ Info Broker

I typed and hit send. It was interesting to play this new role. I was used to playing people I was not, I pretend to be a teenage girl on some sites, but this was interesting because I couldn't give away too much information or too little. Either way I could be in trouble. On one hand, this person could find me. And on the other, I could lose this client. Both which are unappealing to me. I was definately curious as to who this mysterious client was. Shizuo had a hard time even searching through websites, so it couldn't be him. Shinra and Celty were close aquaintences, so they wouldn't need this information. They knew that Shizuo was 'taking care of me.' It wasn't anyone I talked to regularly and it was someone from out of city. That did narrow down choices but not by much. I sighed and shut down my computer, whirling around in my spinny chair and standing. I finally walked out of my study and found Shizuo asleep on the bed with a book ontop of his face. I chuckled softly and took a silent picture before crawling close to him. I took the book and set a bookmark on his page before closing it and setting it on the bedside table. I then pulled the blankets over him and kissed his forehead softly. When I did this, the blonde reached out and pulled me close to him, cuddling me softly. I grinned, hugging him back and closing my eyes peacefully. Shizuo was just a big cuddle monster after all. My mind stayed active and I couldn't get to sleep. Thoughts of me, my surviving Father, my origin, and then Shizuo and how I had dragged him into all of this. As I finally allowed myself to go through these thoughts they finally dispersed, allowing me to finally get some sleep.

Shizuo POV

I woke up with Izaya curled up next to me and cuddled against my chest. I didn't know when he had finally went to bed, but he hadn't awoke yet. I sighed and ran my fingers through his raven black hair. He had been through so much. I regretted being so evil to him before all of this. I just hadn't understood him. As I looked at him now, my view had completely changed. Or was it that I had changed? Maybe both. I stayed cuddled with him until he finally some up a while later. He grumbled in his sleep and begrudgingly opened his eyes. He hummed before sitting up slowly and looking down to me, still half sleep. I smirked and leaned up to kiss him softly before pulling away and watching as his face turned pink. He huffed and looked down in embarrassment.

"Good morning to you too....." He mumbled quietly, pushing back so he was sitting on the edge of the bed. I chuckled at him being so flustered and he only huffed and stood from the bed. He walked to the bedside table and grabbed his phone, checking messages I assumed. He had been on his phone or on the computer a lot, probably catching up on all the news he missed while he was away. I didn't pry because I respected his privacy, but it was beginning to become unnerving. I was still worried about him.

Izaya POV

As I grumbled to myself about Shizuo's sneaky kiss, I stood and walked to my phone, grabbing it and flipping through my messages. I knew that Shizuo was beginning to notice, but I didn't want to hide it and lie to him. He hadn't lied to me, so I shouldn't lie to him. I pocketed my phone and lay on the bed once more. As I felt Shizuo's arms wrap around my waist I giggled and turned to face him in his arms. I kissed his nose and watched him blush pink before gaining confidence and kissing him as payback for his first one while I closed my eyes. I had never kissed someone so much, not to mention that spark that flew through me and awoke my entire body the second my lips touched his. That spark turned into a flow of electricity the longer I kissed him, it wasn't painful, actually it was the exact opposite, I quite enjoyed the feeling but I either needed an outlet or needed to pull away. The feeling built itself stronger and stronger, and I didn't exactly know what it was. I didn't experiment with it though, because honestly I was a bit afraid of it. I had never felt that way before and to top it all off, it stopped the voices in my head completely if for only the seconds we were kissing. I finally pulled away after realizing that my thoughts had carried me away and I needed air. I took some breaths as I opened my eyes and looked at Shizuo's precise features. I shuffled closer to him and he took me by suprise by rolling over so that I was laying ontop of him. I smiled softly and shifted so that I was straddling him. I looked down at his honey brown eyes and kissed him once more as his hands landed on my waist. That strange spark was suprisingly strong this time and I didn't know why this sudden change of strength occurred. I distracted myself from that thought as I pulled away and grinned at him before examining his face and shoulders, down to his chest and abs. I wanted to memorize every inch of him, so that if I ever was left alone I wouldn't forget him. But maybe I should be able to forget him.......was I becoming to attached to the blonde? Had I let myself be carried away in my emotions? Maybe. I smiled softly, masking my troublesome thoughts as I scooted off of him and rolled out of bed, landing on my feet and walking to Shizuo's bedside.

"Come on Shizu. Do you want to go somewhere today? It's been awhile." I commented, ignoring our previous situation for the time being. He sighed and heaved himself up, stumbling a bit before steadying and walking out into the apartment as I followed behind him.

"Yeah that sounds good." He agreed, grabbing bread from the fridge and popping it into the toaster. I nodded and helped him make breakfast. We finished our food quickly and headed out into the open city after. This time, we walked around and simply found things as we walked. It was a bit of an adventure, because I never knew what was going to come next on this walk of ours. It was funny really, I had been around this area since I was a teen but I hadn't ever tried most of the activities we did in that one evening. It was like I was seeing the city for the first time. As we went around the city finding activities to try, the sun slowly descended until it was at a glowing sunset. The now chilly air nipped at my sides and arms as we walked home. The entire city was now overcast in a soft pink light and where there wasn't that light were shadows. When we finally made it home, we were both exausted and we both quickly went to bed and fell asleep. It was a quiet night and I dreampt of nothing until suddenly my father came into view. He was choking me relentlessly and I struggled and gasped for air. As I flailed helplessly, Shizuo was knocked out on the ground beside me. Nobody was there to help me and I was weak from lack of oxygen. Suddenly I could breathe again, but I was still pinned against a wall. I stared at my father before noticing a glint of metal in his hand. I soon realized that it was a knife, my knife, that I had used to try and kill him. A sharp pain echoed through my body as he sliced my arm. I yelped in pain and grit my teeth, desperately trying to defy his cruelty. He then stabbed me through my shoulder and I yelled out in agonizing pain. In a flash, my eyes flew open and I sat up, gasping for air and checking my arm and shoulder. I panted and realized I had awoke in a cold sweat. Shizuo groaned quietly and opened his eyes to look at me worriedly.

"Mnm..... Izaya? What's wrong?" He asked, propping himself up on his elbow.

"N-nothing." I protested meakly.

"Izaya. This is the first nightmare you've had in a while. It seems pretty bad. Do you want to talk about it?" He offered sincerely, ready to help with whatever I needed. I shook my head and took some calming breaths before curling up and laying down before cuddling close to Shizuo once more. That nightmare had startled me. Shizuo was right, I had been okay for quite a while now. Why was this one suddenly coming up? I sighed and just calmed myself as I focused on the warmth and safety of Shizuo. So many questions were swirling in my head. What was my father's plan? Was this maybe.......a vision?

Hiya everyone! Sorry this is a day late, got caught up with my schoolwork. Good thing is, I'm ahead so I can take a break soon. That means more writing time! :P Soo I was wondering if you guys wanted a lemon chapter to this story? I may put one in or maybe a little tid bit after the end of the story. Not really sure, wanted your guys opinion first. Anywho, I hope you enjoyed this chapter! Feedback is always appreciated! I loves you all so so much! ♡♡♡♡

Ps. I'm going ice skating for the first time tonight and I'm getting to take dance lessons soon! I'm so excited!
\^-^/