The beginning of the battle

Izaya POV

I stood in front of the old wherehouse where I used to spend a lot of my time, now having much different feelings for it. I took a breath, trying to steady my heart that was hammering in my chest. Suddenly a memory appeared in my head that made more emotions stir. It flashed before my eyes, so vivid I could almost touch it.

I lay sprawled across the bathroom floor, my eyes bloodshot from the drugs I had taken to cope with my sister's deaths.

"If I die.....just keep going okay?" I mumbled, my words a bit slurred from the chemicals that were running through me. Shizuo knelt beside me, his hands grasping my shoulders tightly.

"Don't talk like that Izaya." He growled, his voice powerful and demanding to be heard. "I know you're hurting, but I'm here. I'll help you alright? No more of this." He stated, grabbing the syringe and throwing it into the garbage. I watched it fall into the bin, them turning to look back to Shizuo.

"Why do you care so much?" I asked, watching as he sighed. He let his hands loosen from my shoulders and fell to my hands. He intertwined our fingers together before looking back up to me.

"Because Flea. I don't know why or when it happened....but I'm in love with you. That's why I care." He replied, his voice softer than before. He leaned in and let our lips collide, the warmth and love that I felt through this simple gesture mind blowing to me. I kissed him back, somehow feeling a connection or one might describe it as an understanding of each other. When we finally pulled away, He brushed some bangs away from my eyes and I gave him a drowsy saddened smile. "Come on Iza." He chuckled, his arms sliding under my legs and behind my back before he lifted me from the ground. I set my head against his shoulder, closing my eyes and listening to his soft heartbeat.

As I returned from my memory, I looked at the ground and pulled my jacket tighter around myself. Why did that have to come up now? I looked up at the door, steeling my nerves before opening the door. The warehouse was made of wood, a musky dirt smell along with wood filling my nose. I stepped inside the darkened room, walking through the eerily empty place before spotting Shizuo chained to a wall. I breathed a small gasp before running to him and checking over his wounds. "Shizuo? Shizuo can you hear me?" I asked, framing his face in my trembling hands. He didn't respond and a sinking feeling settled into my chest. "Shizuo?" I called, petting his head as I tried not to let myself become frantic. Moments passed and it seemed to be an eternity of silence. Suddenly he moved underneath my touch and groaned quietly. His eyes slowly opened, obviously plagued with fatigue but alive. "Shizu!" I breathed, pressing my forehead against his as I let quiet cries of relief escape.

"Flea?" He asked, his voice hoarse as he looked into my eyes. For a moment he tried to wrap his arms around me, only to find that his wrists were still chained to the wall. He seemed frustrated by this and pushed his head gently against mine, trying to be comforting. I stayed still for a moment more, before pulling away and smiling warmly towards the blonde. I stood, moving to his chained hands and grabbing my knife from my pocket. I quickly flipped the knife open and lock picked the cuff, then moving to the other one so that he was free. I knelt beside him once more, examining his wrists and arms. I found obvious signs of abuse while he had been held here, cuts and bruises in various places clearly with different tools. He seemed quite groggy, they probably hadn't allowed him sleep. Suddenly, I heard a low chuckle from the shadows.

"You shouldn't have freed him Izaya." The voice warned, as fear shot down my spine. I knew that voice. He was here. The voices in my head began to suddenly grow louder, like they knew what was happening and were scared. I hissed at them under my breath to be quiet, but they seemed unfased and only grew louder. I winced slightly at the growing headache I was getting, but tried my best to ignore it and instead focused on that voice. Soon, my father emerged from the shadows, a sickeningly smug grin on his face. I growled lowly, rising to my feet and keeping a tight grip on my knife.

"What?" I asked, confused by his statement.

"Shizuo. You shouldn't have set him free." He clarified, tilting his head slightly as he watched me.

"And why not?" I questioned, confused and beginning to be worried. He refused to answer, and instead simply moved his eyes to the blonde beside me. I followed his gaze, suddenly noticing that Shizuo seemed distant. "S-Shizuo?" I called uncertainly, watching as the blonde stood to his feet. I noticed that his eyes were a bit glazed over, and he had very controlled and poised movements. I didn't know what was going on. I quickly turned to look back at my father, who was showing me that he was holding an empty syringe in his hand. I then understood all too slowly as Shizuo charged forward and pinned me underneath his weight. I cried out in surprise and then pain as my head crashed against the marble floor. I sucked in a breath, the edges of my vision becoming blurry. "Shizuo!" I cried out, looking up at him in a panic. I saw nothing of my beloved Shizuo in the face above me. He had clouded eyes that were almost white, his unimaginable rage showing on his expression. I didn't know what my father had done to Shizuo, but he had been reduced to an furious rabid animal. I squirmed underneath his grip, trying to find a way out of this situation. There was only one way to finish this.......the way it had begun. I had to kill my father, once and for all eternity. I had to save Shizuo. I turned my head away from the alter Shizuo. I stared at my father, unfathomable fury in my eyes. I knew he got the message, as he looked a little unsettled. I then turned back to Shizuo, steeling myself. "Shizuo wake up. Fight it. Please fight it. I'm sorry I have to ask this of you. I never should have dragged you into this, but now you're in it, and I need you to fight." I commanded, my tone strong though my heart squeezed painfully in my chest. "Come on Shizuo. I need you to come back to me." I called, one of my hands wiggling out from underneath his grip as I inwardly sighed in relief. It was helping. I placed my free hand on his cheek, staring into his glazed milky white eyes. "Shizuo." I repeated, wincing in pain as his hands dug into my arm and hip. "S-Shizuo please." I tried again, gritting my teeth in pain as it got worse, he was so inhumanly strong. Finally, I cried out in pain, my back arching a bit as I tried to free his grip. "Aaahn! Shizuo!" I called, a sickening crack echoing in my ears as he splintered my femur. I didn't know how to get to him, or was this working and he was fighting? Next thing I knew, I heard a loud agonizing scream fill the air. I then realized that it was me. What could I do?

Hey guys! I'm finally back!!! It's SOO nice to be inspired again and ready to write. I'm sorry that I'm so chaotic and sparatic with my writing schedule, but I think I'll be back to my two week schedule now. So, things going down in this chapter, maybe a bit of a twist with Shizuo. I've already layed out the outline for the ending chapter, but I'm not gonna give away any secrets. I really really hope you enjoyed this chapter! Feedback is always REALLY appreciated. (You guys are awesome with your feedback btw. It's really motivating so Thank You!!) Thank you all for supporting this story and for reading and sharing and commenting! I can never express how thankful I am in words. I loves you all SO SO much! ❤❤❤❤