Revali x Rito! Reader

Here we go guys, I've finally stooped so low as to write a fanfiction about birds. You better appreciate this lmao

Warning: angst
-----------------------------

Calamity Ganon. He was the King of All Evil, the King of Darkness. You didn't know much about him except for the fact that the five champions were fighting against him to bring peace back to Hyrule.
Your name is FN. You're a Rito and you, like most of the others, live in Rito Village. However, you weren't like all of the other Rito. Unlike them, you personally knew each of the champions and the beautiful princess Zelda. Why? You were dating one of the champions.
His name was Revali. A fellow Rito.
Revali was a handsome, talented, and overall desirable bird. The only thing that drove people away from him was his snarky attitude.
Revali always made smart remarks and teased those around him. He thought he was better than everyone else and would never admit that he was wrong or weak. Of course, his personality changed when he was around you.
Ever since you came into his life when he became a champion, he couldn't pull himself together. He thought you were stunning. Your voice was soothing. You were kind. He would never admit that you made him a blushing, flustered mess.
Eventually, he asked you out and you both started dating. He would spend all of his precious time with you in between his champion duties.
One day, he had to face the most challenging task of all- taking the divine beast Vah Medoh and use it to weaken Calamity Ganon.
"Be careful up there, Revali," you had said. "Getting that divine beast to weaken Calamity Ganon will be no easy task. Not to mention time consuming as well."
"Don't worry, dear FN, I'll be fine. I'm the champion. I'm strong. Nothing will be able to stop me!" Your boyfriend boasted.
"B-but still... I don't want you getting hurt. But, if you insist, I trust you." You looked into his emerald green eyes one last time before he was to set out on his mission.
"Like I said, no need to worry. I'll be back before you know it!" He pecked your beak (omfg he legit pecked it bc you're both damn birds) and smiled. "I'll see you soon, FN." Revali flapped his navy blue wings into the air and took off, winking at you. You smiled to yourself. He was a handful, but you couldn't ask for anyone better. You decided to head back to your living quarters while awaiting his return.

     Revali had successfully made it inside of the divine beast Vah Medoh. The champion now had to activate the main control unit of the beast. Before he could do that, he had to activate the terminals that powered up the main unit.
     "Ha, this is going to be easy for a bird so skilled as I." Revali bragged to himself. With a flap of his wings, he was off to power up the terminals.
     What he didn't know was that he wasn't in Vah Medoh alone.
     "Huh? What's this black gunk?" Revali questioned when he accidentally stepped on some after turning a corner. "It doesn't matter, as long as I'm able to control this beast."

     Now, Revali had successfully powered up all of the terminals. All that was left was the main control unit, then his job was done.
     The bird flew to the top of the divine beast where the main control unit was located.
     "I knew this would be easy. Once this is over, I'll be able to spend more time with FN." He smiled at the thought of you. As he lifted his wing up to authenticate the unit, Vah Medoh started violently shaking. Black goop burst out of the control unit. The wind blew harshly, almost knocking him to the ground. A hand... a giant hand had started generating itself out of thin air. Another one followed it. The thin outline of a body took place as well. Finally, all of the body parts came together, creating a fearsome monster. Revali' eyes widened, then he smiled. "This is going to get interesting."

     You snapped your eyes open. Yes, you were dreaming, but how could you be sure that this was a dream? Your boyfriend may very well be in trouble right now. He could get hurt, or, even worse- killed. Then again, you might just be paranoid about it. But you can never be too sure. You decided to go up to that divine beast and make sure Revali was fine. If he was, then you just made a fool out of yourself for being so pre-cautious. If he wasn't....
     You took some bandages out of your emergency cupboard as well as a bow and some arrows, just to make sure. Now that you were prepared, you made your way outside to the flight deck. The flight deck was the easiest place in Rito Village to fly off of, and it was a nice, open area that gave you a clear shot to fly up to the divine beast.
     It was evening; the other Rito were probably closing up shop and heading to bed. Once you were at the flight range, you spread out your wings and took off into the skies.
     It was cold, but not too cold for a Rito to handle. The divine beast wasn't too far up now. You flapped your wings for more power so you could get up there as quickly as possible.
     With a sudden burst of speed, you were now above the divine beast. As you turned your head down to see it, your eyes widened and your heartbeat quickened. It was exactly as you had feared; a monster was out to kill Revali.
     You soared down to where he was, looking frantically for the familiar navy blue feathers of your beloved. Not too far away from where you'd landed was his signature bow. Your vision began to get blurry as tears threatened to come out. You hastily rubbed them away as you continued your search for the champion.
     You were extremely lucky that the monster hadn't seen you yet. You managed to keep a far enough distance as to where he was unable to detect your presence. A lump began to form in your throat as you assumed that the worst had happened. No, you thought, he can't be gone. He's the champion... he promised that he'd be back! He should've been able to take down this monster in a flash!
     Right when the tears started to spill, loud, fast breathing followed by a flurry of coughs took your attention. You whipped your head in the direction that it came from and finally found your lover, beaten down on the ground, struggling to stay alive.
     "R-Revali!" You yelled, relieved, sprinting to him. You fell down in front of him and took his wing in yours. "Revali... I had a dream about this! I had a vision that this would happen! I came here as quickly as possible! I brought bandages-"
     "FN, you shouldn't have come." He replied with a raspy voice.
     "I couldn't leave you up here knowing that something bad could've happened! That monster, he- he tried to..." Tears started rolling down your face at the thought of what would've happened to Revali if you hadn't arrived.
     "FN," Revali whispered, wiping your tears away, "you have to get out of here. That monster... Ganon... he's going to kill you."
     "No! I can help you get out of here! I'll bring you back to the village! I'll get a medic! He'll heal your wounds!" You said, looking him up and down and observing his numerous wounds from the monster.
     "There's nothing you can do, FN. I... I wasn't strong enough to protect Hyrule, the village, or you." He frowned.
     "I'll think of something! There's gotta be enough time to save you!" Tears now streamed down your cheeks.
     "Please, FN, before he hurts you as well. I'm dying; there's no time to help me. You need to leave, now. I can rest easy knowing that I got to see you one last time." His beak turned upwards into a smile before he took his final breath.
     "Revali..." You whispered, still holding onto his wing. "REVALI!" You screamed, completely breaking down. Looking at his lifeless body that you once shared so many memories and laughs with only made you feel worse.

     "P-please... I don't want you to leave me..."

     I can't believe I just wrote an x reader about bird angst. I hope you liked this chapter nonetheless lmao. I just defeated Vah Medoh in the game and I thought, wow, Revali is pretty rOOd kinda like Tsukishima, so I decided to write this. Who knows, maybe this entire book will just be bird angst lol