Revali x Reader

"Hah. Shorty." You glared at the arrogant boy in front of you who had his signature smirk on his face. He was oh-so annoying, always doing whatever he could to push your buttons. From teasing to pranks, he would always end up triumphant in your quarrels. You absolutely despised him.

     "Shut up, Revali. Just give me back my pens!" He only raised your belongings higher up and laughed.

     "Nope, not until you say the magic words~" He cooed, making you roll your eyes.

     "Ugh. Please." He let go of the pens, making them fall onto your head and then scatter onto the ground. Trying not to get too riled up, you bent down to gather your supplies and you ignored the devil- I mean, Revali.

     "Ah, would you look at the time. You must pardon me since I need to get to archery practice. After all, I am quite possibly one of the most skilled archers in the world. I need to get recognized for my talent, not waste my time with distractions like you." And just like that, he left. Yes, he just straight up left you there all alone after insulting you and dropping all of your pens on your head. What a jerk.

"That stupid, good for nothing, name-calling, pen-stealing, idiotic pain in the butt!" You shouted, pocketing your pens. You hated him, but he loved teasing you.

Checking your phone, you sighed as you realized that you were supposed to be home half an hour ago. You wouldn't be late if it wasn't for him. You quickly texted your guardian saying that you'd be home soon so they wouldn't worry.

     "Ugh, I left my textbook in the classroom." You whispered to yourself while slinging your bag over your shoulder. "I guess I'll go get it so I can study for my test tomorrow..." You trailed off, walking down the hallway. Arriving at your classroom, you pulled the door open and immediately spotted the textbook you had left behind on your desk. You went to get it and placed it carefully into your bag, weighing it down.

     Scanning the empty classroom, you looked out the window to see the vibrant sunset. You always felt a strange sadness as dusk fell. It was the time in which the light met the darkness; when the living spirits became intertwined with spirits who had already passed on.

     Briskly turning around to head home, you noticed a familiar bag left behind on one of the desks...

     Revali's bag.

     It was almost as if it was calling you to come towards it.

     "Aha!" You grinned, running towards it, face gleaming in triumph. You could use this bag to your advantage! You could steal Revali's belongings, or make all of the answers on his homework wrong, or-

     What was that?

     Just barely peaking out of his bag was a notebook. Or, rather, a diary.

     Swiftly snatching it up with one hand, you flipped it open to the first page and quietly read it to yourself.

     "'I never thought I'd resort to writing in a diary, but I guess they're convenient for jotting down your thoughts. They're also useful for recording your day-to-day life, I suppose.

     I have made an art of creating the perfect velocity to allow my arrows to soar. It's quite the mastery of archery techniques, even among professionals.'"

     You stopped reading.

      "Blah blah blah, archery, whatever. We all understand your passion for archery, you stupid idiot. Where's the good stuff at?" You complained, flipping the pages, searching for something worth while to read.

     "'I talked to Link today- rather, I talked while Link listened. The boy hardly ever actually speaks. Zelda thinks that he's better at combat than I am. She doesn't know what she's talking about. I would never die in battle, for I am much too strong for the enemy."

  You flipped the page and continued reading.

     "'I irritated F/N today, as usual. Whenever I'm around her, I can't shake off this feeling- guilt? The feeling probably is guilt. I shouldn't be so mean to her, but I just can't not be mean. It's a part of my personality.'"

     You flipped the page.

     "'I don't like this feeling. It's definitely not guilt. That much I've figured out. My heartbeat quickens when I'm around her and I can't take my eyes off of her. I think I know what this feeling is, but I refuse to admit that I'm in love with F/N L/N! Besides, she hates me, so what can I even do about it?

     I decided to confess to her today, but it ended up in a fight again. I guess I'll do it after school tomorrow.'"

     What?

"Hasn't anybody taught you that going through other people's things is rude? Were you raised in a barn or something?"

Your heart skipped a beat when you heard the voice from behind you. You were so shocked, in fact, that you dropped the diary you were holding, and it fell down onto the floor with a thump.

"R-Revali..." You whispered, so silently that your voice was barely audible. The two of you just stared at each other, the air around you both getting more tense with each passing moment.

"Well, you've already read the diary, so there's nothing left for me to hide. I'm in love with you." The normally quick witted boy was now at a loss for words.

"So the feelings are mutual." You replied, looking down with a growing blush on your cheeks.

"Of course you're in love with me. I'm irresistible." He smirked, walking over to where you were standing and picking up his diary in the process.

"Wow. Stuck up, much?" You smirked, folding your arms over your chest.

"Yeah. But that's why you love me."

---

First off- I can't believe this story has gotten so much attention. 14,000+ reads is incredible! Thanks so much for that.

Also, I've decided to push this book aside for a while since I'm working on an original story. I already have three 1200+ word chapters written and I'm working on a bunch more.

It's going to be a various OC boys x reader story. Basically about seven OCs I made and there will be an individual ending for each of them. It'll also have some kind of twist to it, like supernatural powers. I have no idea- I'm going to meet up with a friend later this month to get more ideas for it.

Also, my OCs are pretty cute if I do say so myself. So if you wanna see some hot guys, you know where to go ;) (at least I hope there good looking >.<)

Anyway, if you're into that sort of thing, you can look forward to the release of the book. Thanks so much for reading this!