Human! Sidon x Reader

Everyone's fangirling over Sidon but I'm sitting here in the corner worshipping Revali

     The worst part about being royalty was that you knew you would eventually be forced to marry someone. Your parents were the king and queen of Nohr (Fire Emblem, anyone?). You loved them dearly, but you despised the fact that they wanted to arrange a marriage for you. You were perfectly capable of finding a man for yourself, plus they would probably only want you to marry for the money. They wouldn't care how snobby or rude your husband would be as long as it made the kingdom wealthier.

     You were to be wedded a month after your twenty first birthday. The day of your birthday would be the day that a ball would be held at the castle, as well as the day you were to meet your husband-to-be. At least your parents were nice enough to give you time to get to know your fiancé.

"Don't worry, Miss FN, it's going to be fine." Your maid, Flora, comforted. You both stood in front of a large mirror, observing your dress and hairstyle for the ball.

"It won't be fine. I'm going to be forced to marry a stranger who probably won't even love me!" You shouted.

"Miss FN, you can't start assuming that these things will happen when you haven't even met your fiancé yet." You huffed in response. Today was going to be a long day.

"Lady FN," your butler, Jakob, said from the other side of the door, not wanting to intrude on your privacy, "the king and queen request for your presence in the ballroom."

"Yeah, I'll be there in a second." You replied. Taking your 3DS off of your desk and putting it in your purse, you took off for the ballroom.

---

"The guests will be arriving soon. You must act proper and interact with the guests- no running off to your room and avoiding them! Especially when your fiancé shows up!" Your mother ordered.

"Yes, mother." You obediently replied.

"Good. Now go on and do something productive while waiting for the guests, but don't stray too far away." Silently nodding, you scurried off to the balcony nearby. The balcony was a quiet area where you could be alone, plus you were able to see the guests from there.

"Stupid wedding. I really hate being royalty sometimes." You quietly spoke to yourself. "And stupid princess outfits! How am I supposed to run away from my problems when I'm wearing these heels?!" You ripped your heels off and threw them into a nearby bush, hidden from sight. "It's not like anyone's going to see my bare feet under this gown."

Sighing, you took out your 3DS and started playing on it. Your mother said to do something productive, and there couldn't be anything more productive than advancing further into your video game, right? At least gaming could distract you from your harsh reality.

---

Before you knew it, two hours had passed. Everyone was wondering where the princess was, but you were unaware of this. That is, until your 3DS died. Re-entering reality, you nearly had a heart attack when you realized that you were supposed to be out to greet the guests an hour and a half ago! You would surely get an earful from your mother and possibly get grounded.

"Pardon my intrusion. Might you be the princess?" Looking up, you looked into the bright yellow orbs of a tall, handsome, red headed prince.