1 - Rehearsal and Johnny Rockets

Fall 2012

Mitch's point of view

Right now I'm going to Pentatonix rehearsal with Travis who asked if he could come. We were hanging out today, so we were driving together to the studio. Deadmau5's "I remember" came on and I blasted it and sang along. Travis glanced at me and smiled, and I blushed a little. Travis hasn't actually met the others yet, so this'll be the first time.

"You're a cutie." Travis spoke sweetly.

"Thank you." I replied and hoped the blush that crept on my cheeks wasn't too obvious. I have a huge crush on Travis, and I guess we have "a thing" but I'm confused as to what his motives are. I don't know if this is just a friendly flirting friendship. 

The song ended and I sipped my coffee from Starbucks while looking out the window. L.A is very pretty, and I enjoy admiring the palm trees and beaches we pass as we drive. This is one of the later rehearsals, so the sun is currently setting here. L.A sunsets are my favourite, because of all the gorgeous hues that colour the sky and reflect onto the ocean. The sunsets are mostly pink, with a tint of purple and occasionally orange. The beauty reminds me of Travis, and his beauty. Travis has blonde hair, blue eyes, and a really cute smile. He kind of reminds me of Scott, but Scott's my best friend. Travis is sweet, and I could see us dating easily. I'm just too nervous to ask him out. 

Maybe I'll ask Scott during rehearsals. Scott gives amazing advice, and he's the best roommate. We arrived at the studio shortly after, and Travis parked in a spot. He hopped out rather quickly, and I wondered why. I smiled when I saw him open the car door for me and realized why he hopped out so fast.

"Well thank you." I spoke graciously in a British accent.

"You're very welcome Mitch." Travis replied with a giggle.

We walked into the studio together, awkwardly just keeping our hands at our sides. I walked into the studio, ready to introduce every one. When Kirstie saw us she looked happy, but confused. I mouthed "one sec" and she nodded.

"Hi guys!" I greeted everyone.

"Hey!" The four greeted back. They tilted their heads when they saw Travis.

"Well, this is my friend Travis everyone. We've been hanging out and I thought he'd come to meet y'all. Travis this is-" Travis interrupted me and pointed to each member as he said their names. 

"Scott, Avi, Kevin, and Kirstie!" Travis spoke happily.

"Well, yeah..." I spoke feeling a little awkward for forgetting that Travis watched our whole season of the Sing-Off. Travis hugged everyone, and smiled.

"We gotta get to work, ASAP." Avi stated. 

Agreeing with Avi, I told Travis that he could stay on the other side of the recording room where the music producers, writers, and arrangers are are. He nodded, and walked to the other side while we set up.

"Hi Scott-land." I greeted as I walked to my place beside him.

He sighed.

"Hi Mitch." He somewhat, greeted back. I put my hand to my heart and gasped.

"I don't get a nickname?" I asked pretending to be offended.

"Sorry, just tired." Scott shrugged.

"What's wrong?" 

"Nothing, don't worry about it." 

"I'm here if you need to talk." I smiled.

"Thanks." He smiled back, but it didn't seem like a genuine smile.