5 - The Beginning Of Heartache

I'm really sorry about updating later than I planned, but it's here! I would just like to say thank you so much for 2000+ reads, I thought I was going to get like 200 but y'all proved me wrong. That's insane! Thank you so much for the feedback as well, y'all are great. Hope you like this chapter <3 Oh and by the waaayyy.. THERE'S SCOTT'S POV IN HERE! Also also very sorry this one is short-ish, a little bit of writer's block.

Mitch's point of view

I woke up to hear the faint voices of Avi and Kevin. They weren't loud, so I guess I just wasn't in a deep sleep at that point. I checked the clock across from me, and saw it was 10:46. Kirstie was silent, but she was awake. She was blinking slowly, probably trying to adjust to the light. Scott was asleep, and his face looked red. I hope he didn't cry himself to sleep last night. That would break my heart.

I realized I was still in Travis' arms, which were tightly wrapped around my torso. His face was buried in my neck, but I couldn't see his face to tell if he was awake. I wouldn't mind waking up to his arms around me every day.

I stared at Avi to try to get his attention. 'Is he awake?" I mouthed, and carefully gestured my head towards Travis' direction once I got Avi's attention. He laughed and nodded. Travis let out a groan and stretched out his arms. Which meant they were no longer around me, *sigh.*

"Oh, hey cutie. Morning." Travis mumbled in his raspy, morning voice.

"Hey handsome." I giggled which got me a cute smile from Travis.

"Should we wake up Scott?" Kevin whispered after we sat in silence for a few, adjusting to the morning.

"I don't think we should." Kirstie said quietly.

"Yeah, we should let him wake up himself. Let's just hang around for now until he does." I suggested. The group nodded, and I could tell we all had a look of sorrow on our face. I'm definitely not going to be the only one asking him if he's okay today. Come to think of it, once in a while asking someone if they're okay is effective; but repeatedly, it's not.

"Should we make breakfast?" Avi asked.

"Yeah, I mean it'd be pleasant for him to wake up to food." Kirstie chuckled.

"Especially after last night." I mumbled, but it was still loud enough for the group to hear.

"I don't mean to interfere.. But what was up with him last night?" Travis asked. We all looked towards Kirstie, because she was the one who was comforting him the whole night. The chances of him telling her last night were pretty high.

"I don't even know.." Kirstie trailed off, upset. "It could've been the movie." She shrugged.

"I've made him see it loads of times." I clarified.

"Well.. Maybe a relative passed, or someone in his family is sick." Avi suggested, perplexed.

"Wouldn't he tell us?" I asked.

"You'd think so. He didn't tell me anything last night though." Kirstie answered.

"Maybe we'll try to talk to him about it." Kevin advocated.

"I guess." I muttered, as we all stood up to make breakfast.

We decided to clean up first, and then make breakfast. There were a large amount of plates, bowls, bottles, wrappers, and cartons scattered onto the coffee table. I didn't mind though, because everything was neatly scattered, so that nothing would spill. At least when we make messes, they're somewhat clean.

We washed the bowls and plates, threw out the wrappers, cartons, and bottles, and got out everything we needed for breakfast. We all agreed to make chocolate pancakes (upon my request), bacon, hash browns, and fresh orange juice. It was obvious that in order to not wake up sleeping beauty, we'd have to be extremely quiet.